Thirty-two

Jackson stared at the boy who glanced around the room in utter confusion.

"Are you alright?" Jackson asked with a smile.

"Uhm... I don't know," Jinyoung replied. "One second I was lying motionless on a jail cell floor in Wonderland, the next I'm sitting having a muffin on Earth."

Jackson shrugged.

"What can I say? I can't stand giving up."

"What?"

"We don't have time to discuss it, we have to go to Alex."

"What? Alex is dead, Jackie. Alex-"

Before he could finish, Jackson teleported them both to the river near Alex's house where they both found her and Mark staring at each other in utter shock. She was still standing in the middle of the river while he was out of it.

"What just happened?" Mark stammered. "You died... Is this a dream?"

Alex blinked for a couple of seconds before beginning to leave the water.

"I don't think dead people dream," she said.

"Then what happened?"

"You went back in time," Jackson simply told them, surprising the boy and girl as well as Jinyoung.

"Wait what?" The witch asked. "How?"

"I met a witch in Skilt. She was the best I've ever seen. Really talented. She helped me out by doing this."

"But why did you go back in time?"

"I'm sorry, should I have left you to be stoned to death?"

"Well no..."

"Jackson, what are you doing here? And what do you mean Skilt? And witch? And back in time? And stoned to death? What is happening?" Alex pressed for answers.

"Look," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I didn't run away. I'm a witch. I went to Wonderland to sort things out over there. I'm from Skilt. Jinyoung is also a witch. He's from Wonderland. All those notes you got were from him. J as in Jinyoung."

"Jackson! Don't tell them that," Jinyoung scolded.

"We don't have time anymore, Jinyoung. And I'd expect you to know that. We need to get back to Wonderland. Naymoor is still on the loose." He turned back to Alex. "Five as in Fifth Prince, W as in Wonderland and H... Well you'll understand that soon. All I need is for you guys to come with us to Wonderland."

Mark and Alex looked at each other.

"Wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight," Alex uttered. "This whole time you were involved?"

"Yep."

"And what about BamBam?"

"He's human. He knew nothing."

"Wait, my question is what the heck does Alex have to do with Wonderland?" Mark asked.

"If she agrees to coming with me, she'll tell you. All she needs to do is see him and she'll remember everything from her past life."

Alex contemplated for a moment before agreeing.

"Are you crazy?" Mark yelled.

"I need to find out, Mark. That's the reason I killed myself in the first place."

"I just spent a whole year without you. I'm not letting you leave me for the third time, Alex."

"I never said you couldn't come. I mean, you weren't part of the original plan but then again none of this was," Jackson smiled at him.

"And how could we trust you?"

"I'm the same old Jackson you used to know. Just now you know I'm a witch."

"I trust him," Alex said. "And I suggest you do too. If it wasn't for him going back in time, I would still be just a skeleton in a coffin."

Jackson smiled at Alex as he pulled a small potion bottle out of his pocket and poured the contents on the ground, forming a portal.

"Are you ready to go now?" He asked. "Because ladies first."

Alex scoffed at his words before shooting Mark a reassuring smile and stepping into the portal.

"You can go next if you want," Jackson told Mark. He was a lot less confident than Alex and hesitated for a long time in front of portal. Eventually Jackson just pushed him in.

"I can't believe you did this," Jinyoung muttered. "I can't believe you went back in time..."

"We did too much and worked so hard for us to just throw it in the trash. We promised to get Alex and Hyunjin together and that's what we'll do."

"And King Naymoor?"

"We can get him back into the afterlife if we all worked as a team. As cliché as it sounds, I think we could do this. Especially if I find Amber."

He pulled another potion out of his pocket and spilt in on the ground. A portal to Skilt opened up.

"And where do you think you are going?" Jinyoung questioned. "Did you just say we need to work as a team?"

"We do. The team isn't complete yet. You help them for now, got it? I found Amber in Skilt and I'll find her again."

With that said, Jackson took a step into the portal to Skilt.

Jinyoung watched him leave. Finally, when the portal to Wonderland was starting to shrink, he stepped into the portal.