Seven

Day 3: Any plans for the holiday season?

My Answer: I don't even know. My family is the type to make last minute plans when you least expect it so we might end up going out of the country for a day or two or we might not. If we are leaving the country, it would be that long because we tend to prefer being in the comfort of our own home for Christmas.

"Are you sure? Maybe you were just hearing stuff," Suzy reasoned.

"We both heard it though," Eunbyul responded, falling down on her bed. "And it couldn't have been a member of the royal family either. I would have known who it was immediately. The voice was familiar but I don't know where I heard it from..."

"Maybe it wasn't a member of the royal family then."

"No one else in this world knows how to manipulate magic apart from witches, warlocks and wizards."

"Then it was either a witch, warlock or wizard, simple."

"All of those creatures live in the palace. I've heard all of their voices and can link it with their faces."

Suzy grinned widely.

"Not all of them."

"What are you on about? I literally showed you a few months ago. I can list everyone in here from their voices."

"Not that!" Suzy rolled her eyes momentarily before smiling again. "I mean not all of them live in the palace."

"Yes they do! Name one that doesn't."

All the Fourth Princess did was wear an annoying smirk across her pale, flawless face.

Eunbyul studied the girl's features for a while before understanding exactly what she meant.

"No way. It couldn't be," the First Princess sternly shook her head. "Don't even dream of it."

"Oh come on, it isn't that rubbish of an idea."

"Uh, yes it is! Jinyoung couldn't care less about humans, and the royal family for that matter. Remember when he had to take shelter in the palace after a flood destroyed his hut? He ignored us the whole time. And he didn't even speak, which leads to my next point. I wouldn't find his voice familiar if I haven't even heard it!"

Suzy only shrugged, the irritating smirk still decorating her lips.

"Well what other option do we have?"

Eunbyul sighed as she ran a hand through her silky dark locks.

"Even if, why the heck would he be after us?"

"Maybe under all that seriousness, there's a mischievous kid. Or maybe he actually liked you back, I heard boys to strange stuff when they like a girl."

"I doubt it. And Jinyoung isn't a boy, he's a witch. Witches are born men."

"Alright then, Hyunjin could have messed with him. You know how he's always running off to mess with a few people."

"He knows better than to mess with someone like Jinyoung. Everyone knows better than that."

"I don't get why though. We have plenty of other witches in the palace that freely walk around town without scaring anyone. Why is he different?"

The First Princess sat up faster than lightening and shot the latter a deadly glare as she slowly stood up.

"Please tell me you're just messing about. Don't tell me you're dead serious."

Suzy only cocked an eyebrow, hoping the other would just tell her what the big deal was already.

Eunbyul got the message.

"Jinyoung is not only the son of the Dark Witch of the South but also the son of the Great Warlock. You know, the one that stopped all wars in Wonderland with a snap of his finger because he was working then snapped his finger again once he finished to make them continue? And his mother had the strongest skills when it came to black magic. She knew it so well some might even say she invented it. And you're not in the slightest bit terrified."

"Says the girl who dared to have a crush on him."

"Hey, the witch inherited some pretty hot genes..."

Suzy chuckled with a slight shake of her head.

"I just don't see what the big problem is here. So what if his parents were powerful? Doesn't mean he is too."

"Genes, Suzy. Genes. They are the strongest things on Wonderland and possess so much information. Whether he has practiced such acts or not, he still has them in his blood. And they are one of the strongest there are." Eunbyul sighed, running a hand through her hair and heading to the door. "I have to go but one thing you need to remember is that Jinyoung lost both his parents to the royal family. If he is the one messing with us, it only means he's trying to get his revenge. And as Sungjjn always says: black magic is darkest in the hands of someone grieving."

"Point is?"

"His mother was never in grief and had the strongest powers. If he inherited that and is still grieving, he can demolish this whole universe... And the ones after it too..."