Thirty

"Welcome to Scolxer," Amber smiled as she stepped out of the portal and outstretched her arms.

Scolxer looked a bit like Earth with green grass all over place, trees piercing the clouds and the sun shining down on the land (but not like in Skilt where it's smiling down. The sun is just there, emotionless). In other words you can describe both places as nightmares disguised as fairy-tale land.

But Jackson didn't get the chance to enjoy the look of it when he left the portal. The first thing he did was kneel to the ground and throw up. Amber watched with a chuckle.

"Yeah, that happened to me the first couple of times. You get used to it."

Once he was done, Amber immediately teleported them to her office, which was much like any other witch's office: a small hut that had a huge equipped and admittedly impressive basement. That was where all the brewing and magic took place.

"Could you go through the whole aim again?" She asked.

"There was this girl named Alex and boy named Hyunjin, the one being stoned beside Jinyoung. Anyway, they had messed with fate in their previous life and Alex ended up going to Wonderland. Then they fell in love, cliché, I know. Anyway, Jinyoung had watched it happen and in the end fate reset their lives. It gave them everything I wished for in their past lives but meant to keep them apart. So Jinyoung took matters into his own hands to bring them together. Everything was going so well until Alex drowned herself. Then he gave up and went back to Wonderland and told me to give up and go back to Skilt."

"If he called it quits, why do you think you have to continue everything?"

"Because things started going downhill when she died. From what I suspect, that was when Naymoor fully started to take control of Wonderland."

"Wait, you were just talking about a boy and girl... What does Naymoor have to do with this?"

"While we were sorting Alex's life on Earth, the Third Queen of Wonderland wanted to take control of the country while the King was ill. And she did. She locked Hyunjin up for wanting to take his father's place at the throne and almost killed him. While this was happening the Third Queen's daughter and another member of the royal family went to Naymoor wanting him to grant them their wishes. The girl wanted the Second Queen dead, the boy wanted Hyunjin dead and so they opened the gates of the afterlife world and Naymoor took control. He started using the Third Queen to ruin Wonderland but then the boy regretted his wish and stood up against Naymoor. Naymoor killed him. Anyway, Jinyoung and I rescued Hyunjin and he was been after me since."

Amber stared at him blankly for a moment.

"Wow, okay. I think I get it..." She thought for a moment. "So Wonderland fell apart, what happened to Earth... Or the girl?"

"The girl died and her friends and family have been having it rough ever since but that's about all."

"And what do you want me to do about it? The girl is dead."

"You're smart and talented. Can't you raise someone from the dead?"

"I'm a witch, not a warlock. And I'd expect you, a witch, of all people to know that, Jackie."

"I was just testing my luck, to be honest. I didn't expect it. But is there anything you can think of that will help?"

"Wait one moment," she said as she walked into her brewery room. When she returned, she grasped on to a big book with an old leather cover and the words 'A Witch's Guide To Ruling The World' written in gold ink that seemed to move. Jackson analysed it for a moment. It was one of the old witchery books written in the beginning of time when the only worlds to exist were Earth, Scolxer and one not too far from Skilt called Oriam.

"This book have something. Check the contents page. I'll go look for the other editions," Amber mentioned as she went back to the brewery room.

Jackson turned the ancient pages as if they were diamonds he could lose at any given moment.

The words were written in old witch calligraphy and some words were so ancient that they seemed foreign to him. But nevertheless, he scanned the page until he found just what he was looking for. The only way to get Alex back and save Wonderland.

Their only hope.