11

song for this chapter - feel by post malone + kehlani
thursday, november 15

it had been a few days since i had talked to ethan.

after i left their house on sunday, i told brandi everything.

i didn't know how to feel. i know i've only known him for a month, but i just felt so betrayed by all of this. we had become so close, and then to find out that he had basically been living a double life really hurt.

this week i've had midterms, and i put all of my energy into them, trying not to think about all the drama that was going on.

brandi was on her way over, so i went back into my bedroom, knowing she would just use the spare key i gave her to get in.

i was about to continue typing up my notes for one of my classes on my laptop, when i got a text.

ethan: can we talk?
ethan: please?

me: there's not much to talk about

ethan: yes there is, liv. please.

me: fine
me: when

ethan: you can come over any time. or i'll come to your place

me: can you come to mine, i have some school stuff to finish up

ethan: of course

me: you can come whenever

ethan: i'll be there soon

i didn't reply, instead i just stared at the screen, almost not hearing brandi lightly knocking on my door before entering.

"hey, how are you doing?"

"i'm...confused. angry. i don't know, just a mix of a bunch of different emotions."

"that's understandable. no one saw this coming." she said as she sat down on my bed next to me. "have you talked to him at all?"

"he just texted me."

"did you respond?"

"yeah. he's coming over to talk about everything."

"do you want me to leave?"

"no, can you stay?"

"of course." she gave me a small, supportive smile. "so," brandi began, trying to change the subject. "you still have that savings account for your mom, right?"

"yeah, why?"

"i was thinking about everything you told me, and, hear me out, but i think doing this with ethan might not be a bad idea."

"what?"

"hear me out. this could be a really good opportunity to make a little more money. and i know it sounds kinda bad but it's no different than projecting a "perfect life" on instagram and doing brand deals, when you and i both know that flat tummy tea does absolutely nothing." she smirked, which caused me to nod in agreement.