6

song for this chapter - stargazing by travis scott (highly recommend)

friday, october 26
6 p.m.

"you know, we still have time to dip and they'd never even know it," i said, looking to my left to make sure we were the only ones outside as we walked up the steps to james' front door.

there was only one other car in the driveway, a black bmw, that brandi told me belonged to ethan.

"oh shut up. this is gonna be fun! you'll really get to know the twins better and we'll get to meet emma." brandi encouraged, trying to get me to be excited about this.

i rolled my eyes, wanting nothing to do with this.

"just...put on a happy face," she smirked, referring to the astroworld shirt i was wearing. i sighed and plastered on a smile as i held the small over night bag i had packed in front of me with both hands.

"that's my girl. keep an open mind." she said before knocking.

almost immediately after, we heard a faint voice say, "they're here!" which sounded like it belonged to grayson.

a couple seconds later, we heard a voice on the other side of the door saying, "coming kitty girls!"

we giggled because of the random and slightly outrageous things james would say.

he opened the door with a smile on his face, wearing a black long sleeve shirt that had "sisters" written across the the collar and black joggers that read "sisters" going up each side.

"hi!" he greeted us, giving us both hugs. "come in, come in! everyone else is here," he told us, motioning for ian to come over to us.

"hi guys," ian said smiling and giving us both hugs.

"come on, you two need to meet the rest of the squad!" james grabbed one of our wrists in each hand and pulled us behind him. "ethan and grayson will be excited to see you guys,"

they were gathered around the island in the kitchen, ian had joined them and they were talking with emma, as well as an unfamiliar face.

"come here, i'll introduce you guys to emma and bryant!" james said as he grabbed each of our wrists and pulled us over to his friends.

i immediately noticed ethan starring at me as we entered, but i shot him a smile anyways.

we stopped in front of someone i had never seen before, a guy a little shorter than james, but with a huge smile on his face and camera next to him on the counter.

"this is bryant eslava, one of the twins oldest friends and the mastermind behind most of their instagram posts." james introduced us as bryant blushed at his compliment.

"no introduction needed for these two, just the queens of instagram, no big deal." bryant said. "so dope to meet you guys," he smiled as he gave me a hug, followed by one for brandi.

"it's so nice to meet you too, you're a photographer, right?" i asked him.

"i am. that being said, we should shoot sometime. if you guys would be interested of course."