10

song for this chapter - faking it by calvin harris ft. kehlani + lil yachty
monday, november 12

in the following weeks after our first sleepover at james' in october, brandi and i had seen the twins, james and emma almost daily.

i never expected for this to turn into such an intense friendship, and i definitely regret all of the doubts i had.

they were all genuine, good people, and brandi and i definitely needed more people like that in our lives.

on weekdays after brandi and i had class, we'd either all go to james' house, or brandi's apartment, or the twins' house, or my apartment.

sometimes we would have sleepovers and end up spending the entire weekend with each other.

and even sometimes ethan would meet me in between my classes for lunch.

but, something was off. very off. i could just feel it.

not necessarily something was of with ethan or grayson, or james or emma, just the vibes i was getting felt very strange.

i just felt like something was gonna happen, that some news was gonna break and all hell would break loose.

and that feeling was right.

it was the middle of november, and brandi and i had been preparing for our midterms.

it had been a couple days since i had seen any of them because i was busy studying, but since i lived in downtown la, that meant that random ass sirens would just go off. multiple times a day. so focusing on midterms was always a struggle.

since it was a sunday, the library was closed and i was stuck at my place.

after trying to study for an hour, i called ethan and asked if i could go study at his place instead.

i drove the 20 minutes that it took to get to their house, pulled up next to grayson's bronco and put my car in park.

i walked to the front door, immediately being greeted by bryant.

"hi bryant," i smiled at him as he opened the door, stepping back to let me in.

"hey liv, the guys are in ethan's room," he nodded his head, signaling me to follow him.

"so do you like, live here? i swear you're always here," i said as i looked around the twins home, admiring the personal touches i could spot here and there.

"i mean, i have my own place but i do spend a lot of my time here." bryant explained.

i nodded, understanding completely since that is how mine and brandi's friendship works too.

we continued walking to ethan's room when we stopped a few feet away from the door. it was slightly open, and i could here the two talking, when bryant's phone started ringing.

"you can head on in, it's alexis calling about our next shoot." he gave me a smile as he answered his phone, walking out into the living room.