2

song for this chapter - taste by tyga

3 weeks earlier
october 3rd

the pile of clothes slowly turned into a mountain as i continued to shift through my closet.

why did he have to be throwing an all white party? i thought to myself, since only a small fraction of my clothes were white, let alone anything semi cute. i started to panic, realizing that i had less time than i thought to get an outfit together and rush out the door.

thankfully, i found the white satin bodycon dress i had in mind and slipped it on. i knew we'd be getting messy tonight, but i figured i would just be able to contact the owner of the boutique where i got it from for a new one, if bleaching it was too much of a hassle.

i quickly put on my matching white satin heels just as brandi texted me to let me know she was outside of my apartment complex.

i grabbed the small white clutch i had left on the coffee table by my front door, and checked my hair in the mirror above it one final time.

my hair was curled into soft, almost beachy waves, and i had parted it slightly more to the left rather than perfectly down the middle. i smoothed out the baby hairs that had gotten messed up while tearing apart my entire closet before i left to make my way to the elevator.

my apartment was probably my favorite accomplishment. it was one of the nicest and safest apartment complexes in downtown la, and it was only a couple blocks away from my school. the best part about it was that i was all the way up on the 24th floor, so the view of the city was absolutely breathtaking.

the elevator dinged signaling that i had arrived at the lobby. i stepped out and made my way to brandi's car, parked perfectly in front.

i had been begging brandi to move in with me for what felt like forever, and i finally convinced her to after this quarter of school since she was staying in student housing.

i opened the passenger side door and stepped into her red cadillac, travis scott blasting through the speakers.

-

the space the event was at was insane. it looked like a museum, but instead of paintings and sculptures, everything was white. white canvas's on the wall, white chairs, white doors, white tables with white table cloths everything was completely whited out. the only exception was the purple LED lights lit up the room, which was probably my favorite touch of all.

we weren't the first ones to arrive, but we definitely weren't the last either.

"look who's over there," brandi said, gesturing in front of us in the distance.

i turned, and to my surprise, there stood the dolan twins.

youtube's "golden boys" as some people called them.

i was only surprised to see them because they typically don't go to parties and events. they were very much homebodies, when it came to things like this, anyway. but i guess it wasn't too much of a surprise that they were here, since it was one of their best friends launch parties.

brandi didn't point them out to me just because they were, you know, the dolan twins, but because of who they were with.