Devin- break up prank

If you have a problem with the way I wrote this, I'm sorry, I began writing it back in 2018 and am too lazy to rewrite the whole thing so I tried to match the energy because I'm getting back into writing and realised I hadn't updated this but saw that there was a draft that I never completed so I'm completing it now. I might just delete this book though because it is mad childish. 

"HEY YALL ITS YABOI D GORD BACK IN DA CUT. And today we finna be pranking my gf y/n saying that I wanna break up with her. Now yall kno y/n, the reason she was iffy about getting with me in the first place is cuh she didn't want us to break up and end up on bad terms cuh she mad cool with my family and I'm cool with her brothers so it would be bum ya dig. So she prolly gone be crying and shit but I'm just gonna act like ion care ya get? Ya get. Btw we been together for 2 and a half years ayt. And y/n doesn't like to feel like she's waisted her time so she's definitely gonna be pissed also"

Devin sets up the camera and told them that she was like 5 minutes away.

"Ayt so I'm gonna start playing fortnite because that's what I do ALL mfking day"

*Devin's phone lights up with a notification saying he's gotten a text from you*

MyLover- Baby I'm outside, my hands are full. Come open the door for me.

"Guys, y/n just texted me saying she's outside and that I should open the door so when I do imma be acting hella distant and stressed"

Devin goes to unlock the door and then walks away without helping you with the bags. You notice that his mood is a bit off so you start to get irritated because you've only been in his presence for 2 seconds and he's already killing your vibe. 

"What's wrong?" You waddle over to the kitchen counter, place the bags down, and begin to unload the stuff you bought.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong'? I swear you always be trying to start some shit" Devin starts to try and piss you off so that he can get a reaction for his channel. He know's that him saying that will get you heated because he knows that you think he starts and elevates most of your arguments.

"ME? I literally just went grocery shopping for YOUR house and you didn't even have the decency to open up the door properly to let me in. You didn't even say a word to me. And now you have to audacity to say that I BE TRYING TO STAT SHIT WITH YOU."

"See what I mean. Y'een gotta be shoutin', didn't nobody as you to do allat" He says nonchalantly about to put his headphones back on. You look at him, bewildered at the fact that he even thinks it's ok to act like this.

"Fuck you." Devin hates when you curse at him in an argument because he feels like it's unnecessary and just plain disrespectful.

"THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY" Devin looks at you and stands up, his eyes going dark and his jaw clenching. For him it started as a prank but despite you not knowing it was a prank even you knew you took it too far, but you weren't backing down.

"You heard me" You look in his eyes. It was at this point you knew, you fucked up.

You saw something flash in Dev's eyes. "If it's 'fuck me' then leave y/n."

"Boy sit down and stop playing" you look down and continue taking things out of the bags.

"Ain't nobody playing. You know I don't have time for all of that disrespectful shit. We're done. I'm tired of dealing with you bullshit. If we don't respect each other then we have nothing, not even a friendship, let alone a whole as relationship. Get the fuck out of my house"

Your eyes started to burn. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Almost 3 whole years gone down the drain, over nothing. Your heart started to throb, vision began to go blurry, your knees going week, and a lump in your throat when you gulped. You couldn't breathe. Your body began to grow warm as you felt anger creep up and replace the sadness you knew you would feel the second you were alone again. Anger being the only emotion evident in your now still body, your nostrils slightly flare and you take in a sharp breath. You blink away the tears avert your eyes onto the shopping bags in front of you.

"unbelievable" you mutter to yourself and start to put the things you bought back into the bag. As if your going to leave the things YOU bought for a boy that doesn't even want you. You just got your heart broke but your not a fool. If doesn't want you then he can't have ur groceries, period.

You take the bags in your hand and are about to start heading out, when you take one last look at him. "I don't even know what to say to you... I don't even want to look at you right now. 3 years and your leaving me because you're having a bad day? Really, Devin? So our relationship don't mean shit to you huh? I don't mean shit to you? Once I walk out of that door I am not coming back, like you want- our relationship will be over, our friendship non-existent. Don't text me, don't call me, don't even like my instagram pictures and you better not watch my snapchat stories. Ha, I should've known this was gonna happen. You never know what you want. Even when someone who genuinely cares for you and wants to see you win and be happy is standing right in front of you, you don't see what you've got- had."

Everything was still, he was standing there looking at you. You had nothing left to say, so with that you opened the door and made your way to your car.

You use your keys to pop open the trunk so you can put the bags in but you feels tears threaten to spill from your eyes. You close the trunk and look up to see Devin standing infant of you, holding the camera in your face. You have an intense puzzled expression visible on your face and then realise that it was a prank.

"Baby I was just playing" Devin comes over to hug you, you felt too weak to push him away so you let him hold you.

"That's not funny Dev" you say muffled by his shirt followed by a light chuckle.

"I got you so good" Devin lets go of you and starts laughing. "Dang bae, look, I got you crying and shit ahhhh"

"Shut up, I don't cry dickhead" you laugh along with him while wiping away at your stray tears. " Boy, I'm going inside you take the bags and unpack them ya damn self" you took the camera out of his hands and made your way into the house.

Sorry about how bad this chapter is, as I said, I did write like the first paragraph and a bit in 2018 so thats why it was written the way it was. hopefully it wasn't too bad and y'all still enjoyed it regardless. have a good day/night. 

~Rae xoxo 

Word count: 1240