A Relationship Rekindled

A/N: WARNING!!! MAJOR PERCABETH FLUFF IN THIS CHAPTER!

Percy's POV:

All week Annabeth has been stalking campers. Looking for the spy. It's been driving her slowly crazy. I haven't gotten to talk to her at all. When I came back I was really hoping I could rekindle our relationship, and maybe even take her with us to Planet Chaos, but now.... I don't know...

~~~~

Piper helped me by setting up a picnic on the beach for me to talk to her.

I told her to meet me by the beach at 7:30pm but... She didn't show. I later found out, she was busy coming up with strategies to trap the spy.

~~~~

I had another plan, that I thought for sure would capture her attention away from the spy stuff.

I made (stole from naiads) breakfast for her in bed, but when I got there she wasn't in bed. Or even in her cabin.

What was it going to take for me to get Annabeth's attention and trust back?!

~~~~~

Annabeth's POV:

I knocked on Cabin 10's door early in the morning.

Fortunately for me, Piper answered the door.

"Annabeth?" Piper yawned," What are you doing here this early?" She rubbed the boogies out of her eyes.

"I needed to talk to you. Your the only one that'd understand." I pouted.

"Okay... Well, come in." Piper said as she turned in back to her cabin. "So what's the problem?" She said as if she were a physiologist and/or love guru.

"Percy."

"Ahh I see. Haven't you been waiting for him to return? Shouldn't you be happy?"

"Well... Yeah.. I'm glad he's alive, that they all are! It's just... I don't know. Awkward?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. It's been the same with Jason. But.... I love him. That'll never change."

I nodded. Well, I guess there's a reason Piper's a daughter of Aphrodite. "Thanks."

"No problem. I'm gonna get dressed. I'll see you at breakfast!" She said as I exited the room.

I took my time as I walked back to my cabin to get everyone up in time for breakfast and activities.

I walk into my cabin and see a tray of my favorite breakfast foods sitting on the table. There was no note of whom it was from, but I knew it was from Percy. I ran to the cabin door to double check if he was out there or not. He wasn't.

I knew I shouldn't have kept pushing him away. I told him I was too busy searching for the spy, which was partly true, but I wasn't obsessed.

I looked at my scraps of paper lying on my desk. I rolled them up and picked them up.

"Hey, Annabeth?" I heard a soft voice.

"Oh, hi, Amelia. Can you get everyone up and lead them to breakfast? I've got business to attend to." I instructed.

"Where are you going with those scripts?" She asked me.

I squinted my eyes. "Somewhere safe." I smiled then walked out the door.

There was one place I could count on to keep them safe.

The Triscalade's tent.

~~~~~