Taehyung blushes. "You really didn't have to tell him that, Eomma." That's really a piece of information that Jin has no business knowing about. Especially the part of Taehyung living in the streets. The younger can tell how Jin seems to soak in the information like a sponge. No doubt he's going to tell Namjoon about this. It's this fun little game the boys seem to play, trying to reconstruct Taehyung's previous life.

"Come to think of it, you look better than ever before. It's been months since I last saw you. Was it- I think it was February. Dropped off the face of the earth one day and never returned to this corner of the city. But whatever you're doing now, it seems to be doing you good."

She looks between Taehyung and Jin, but doesn't actually ask where Taehyung has been. This is something that he really appreciates about this part of the city. No one asks questions that aren't their business. His band members still have a lot to learn.

"You got my letters?" Taehyung changes the topic.

"Darling, if I didn't get the money you sent me, you wouldn't have found Soonshim here. I got them just fine. I even took him to the vet for a check-up the other week. He's getting old, but he's doing good."

"Good. That's good," Taehyung says and then falls silent. He pulls Soonshim closer again and buries his face in the white soft fur.

They leave about half an hour later, making their way back to Jin's car with their heads ducked. Jin offers Taehyung his mask this time, but Taehyung declines. So what if a former client stops again to make lewd offers? Now that it's happened once, it won't throw Taehyung out of the loop a second time.

"Why don't you visit Soonshim often?" Jin asks two blocks away from his car. "You obviously care for him."

Taehyung's not sure how he can answer the question in order to make Jin understand. He doesn't think that Jin is familiar with the type of emotions that Taehyung connects to the dog.

"Soonshim is the last thing to remind me of my grandma. I love him, and I have many good memories with him. But it's also painful to see him. It's bittersweet. It hurts. But he's also the best cure to my sadness. So I only ever stop by when I think I've hit rock bottom."

"That day Yoongi and I found you here-"

"I didn't visit him then. I was too... confused? Shook up? I don't know. It wasn't hitting rock bottom, more like losing faith in everything. I'm really not good at explaining this stuff."

"No, I get it. At least I think I do. But what happened today that made you hit rock bottom?"

Taehyung hesitates and bites his lip. They're back at this cursed question again, but then they spot Jin's car and he's able to avoid it again, because now Jin lets out a huge sigh of relief and quickly ushers him in.

On the way back, they only talk a little. Taehyung texts Namjoon that he's going to be at the dorm soon, and then he texts Jimin to ask how he's doing.

When they've arrived back, Taehyung thanks Jin for the ride and slips out. Jin wishes him a good night. After Taehyung's already closed the door, Jin rolls down the window and calls out to him once more.

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung ducks down to make eye contact with his band member. He's really tired now, and he just wants to take a tablet against the headache, a long shower and then crawl into bed.

"You know; it would be really good if you could open up to at least one of us fully. About everything. It's not good to keep it all locked inside. And we'd understand. We're your friends, and there's nothing to be ashamed of. You should consider it."