Chapter 22

Khuranas are worried for their one and only son who is their life, their happiness and pride. After knowing the truth he locked up himself in his room. From three days they are trying to talk to him but neither he talked to them nor opened the door. They tried to open the door by using the spare key but Siddharth warned them not to do so and told them to leave him alone.

His mother is crying while his father consoled her. Siddharth didn't come out of his room for once also, he didn't even eat anything since three days and he didn't go to the office also. The office affairs were temporarily managed by his father while Raj and Neha helped him.

Karthik also came daily to get him out of his room but Siddharth didn't respond to him also. He wanted to do something so that his friend will be back normal again. He felt guilty for what happened. If only he hadn't provoked Sid to know the truth then today his best friend wouldn't have been suffering so much. But truth is truth, it will come out someday and he had to face it.

******

Siddharth jerked up from his sleep sweating and panting by screaming Anu's name. He looked around his room and realized it was just a bad dream. He sat leaning onto his bed and wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand.

He glanced at himself and realized that he was sleeping on the floor. He looked at the mess he created in his room. Mirror was broken and glass pieces were scattered all over the floor. The things on his vanity, the bedsheets, duvet, pillows everything are on the floor. His room looked like it was destroyed by some earthquake.

He sighed and looked at the photographs around him. They were the pictures of his and Anu. He is only left with them and her memories. A tear slide down his cheek. He still couldn't digest the fact that she is dying and with that thought more tears flowed from his eyes.

He couldn't do anything about it. He was helpless and it's killing him. All the while she was in front of him and he didn't know she was ill. He didn't understand her. He didn't recognized her illness, he didn't take care of her and he didn't tried to know the truth when she was here.

Her weakness, the bags under her eyes, the way she looked pale, the way her eyes were always red and puffy like she used to cry daily, everything made sense to him now. She was suffering and he didn't know. He was angry on himself for not noticing her illness and didn't take all these signs seriously.

He looked at her photo in which she is smiling brightly at the camera. Her eyes were shining and her face was glowing with happiness. When she told him that she didn't love him and it was an act, he always wondered that everything she said, felt were also a lie? Their kiss, their hugs, their teasing, their laughs, their talks, their memories were also a lie?

They were all true. Nothing was a lie. Nothing was a facade. The only lie she told was that she didn't love him. He banged his wounded hand on the floor in anger when he remembered that he was the cause of her fainting that day. She was already ill and he made it worse. He banged his hand furiously making the wound bleed again.

" I shouldn't have believed her." He said to himself.

" I should have trusted my instinct and should have tried to know the real truth." He clutched his hair in his hands.

"Now what should I do? She is not even here. Where should I search for her? How should I find her? I cannot do anything." He rubbed his hand on his face.

" I am sorry Anu. I am so sorry. I misunderstood you and mistreated you. I am sorry Anu..... Please come back, please come back to me. " He cried clutching her photo onto his chest.

******

" Hello? "

" Hello Karthik beta?"