Chapter 15

" What?"

Karthik heard a whisper came out of Sid with shock and disbelief.

"Before a year, I was driving that day to the city mall and that's when I saw your mom on the road looking here and there, so I stopped the car to go to her. But next minute I saw her taking a girl with her to a secluded corner and started talking with her. I saw the girl started crying after sometime, said something to your mom and left from there." Karthik explained to Siddharth who is listening to him with pained expression on his face.

" Look Sid, I am just telling you what I saw that day, we don't know the actual truth and it can be anything." Karthik said keeping his hand on Sid's hand.

" Can mom be the reason of her betrayal?" Siddharth asked him in fear.

" Maybe, maybe not. We should find out about it." Karthik said to him.

" I will just go and ask mom about it." Sid said standing up abruptly.

" No! You can't. If it's not her fault then she might get hurt and if it's her fault also then she might not agree it." Karthik stopped him grabbing his arm.

" So what should I do now?" Sid yelled at him.

" By asking your mother you might not know the whole truth. We don't even know if our assumptions are right or wrong and we can't hurt anyone especially your mother blaming on her only because of our assumptions." Karthik explained him calmly.

" Yeah you are right." Sid said calming down.

" First we should find out if our assumptions about Ananya are right or wrong." Sid said sitting on his chair thinking deeply.

" Yes!" Karthik exclaimed.

"But How?" Sid frowned.

" Simple! By knowing if she still have feelings for you or not." Karthik shrugged.

" And how we are supposed to know that?" Sid raised his eyebrow.

" Common man you are the Siddharth Khurana, CEO of Khuranas Constructions. I didn't know you are such a dimwit." Karthik exclaimed smirking at him and Sid glared at him.

" You know her, you loved her, you should know what effects her, how will she react for what....." Karthik said huffing at Sid.

" Of course I know about her." Sid said rolling his eyes.

" Then tell me." He demanded.

" Ok! Anu is a simple girl. She looks calm and shy but if we know her she is fiesty and a bubbly girl. She likes spending time gazing the stars in the night sky. She loves to go to the park with me and spend our time talking about our lives. At that time of our relationship she was doing her Post graduation and used to be busy with college and work but she used to daily come to that park and meet me. She used to get easily worried about me if I am alright or not when I didn't go to meet her or didn't attend her calls, even if I had fever also she used to get tears in her eyes, if I am in pain then she used to cry as she couldn't see me in pain. She used to get jealous easily, she don't like any girls near me or flirting with me and if by any chance I smiled at them or responded to them by mistake also then think that I am dead. I have given her many gifts but the locket which I gave to her as a gift on her birthday is very special to her, she used to love it so much and wear it every time and everywhere. She told me once that she doesn't like to remove it at all and always wants to keep it close to her heart. She loves blue colour so much and used to say that it suits me more. She loves to see me in blue and also once gifted me a blue shirt." Siddharth said all this in a daze with a smile playing on his lips and tears in his eyes remembering their past.