fezes and bowties.

it was like the tardis was dicking with you. you knew that this section of the wardrobe hadn't been seen in almost ... two thousand years, give or take a few centuries and the main article of clothing that you had found and was currently holding, the purple jacket, the one that a certain floppy-haired, bow tie wearing time lord, wasn't just out in plain view by coincidence.

you sat on the floor and held the jacket to your nose. eyes sliding shut as you felt your heart tug slightly at the memories that seemed to flood back to you. it still smelled like him. how the tardis use to smell and jammy dodgers, more specifically the jam centre. opening your eyes, a soft sigh escaped your lips, before you slipped the larger coat over your shoulders, sliding your arms through the holes (which still dwarfed your hands). you sat there for about three minutes, just hugging yourself and lingering in the memories that seemed like forever ago before you stood up.

you shifted slightly and moved over to the set of chest of draws, that seemed to have appeared there while you were reminiscing, and started to rummage through them.

you wondered if it had anything to do with the doctor receiving the ... fez in the mail just the other day. the tardis was scarily attuned to your emotions and you wanted to know if she was like that with the three other companions on board. or where you such an OLD companion that she had gotten to know you? it was just before shit went down and you all had managed to get distracted on that alien planet ... or was it a moon again ? you knew that the fez would pull at your heartstrings. you missed eleven terribly, and yeah you had traveled with twelve for a couple of trips, but you had a life back at home. your family had needed you desperately and with his usual lack of certainty on being able to get you home on time was always a worry.

besides you knew he had clara and clara was always there for him.

bow ties ... all - twenty of them. or something like that. they were there in one of the many draws and a snort escaped the back of your throat. you pulled one out and you came to sat back down on the tiled floor - the coolness seeped through your jeans and a sigh was heaved out of your chest. it was one of the bow ties that he use to wear with his tweed jacket - one that amy use to tease him about constantly, while rory use to defend his fashion choices.

" i thought i'd find you in here. " the voice startled you, causing you to jump suddenly in your spot - JUST missing your head on the still open draw. you let your head whip behind you, and your heart calmed down when you spotted the doctor, leaning against the door frame. hands shoved in her pockets and a strange expression on her face.

" - i didn't even know i was gonna be in here, " you muttered, shifting back to the chest of draws. you reached up and placed the bow tie back and shut the draw before you stood up. your hands clasped in front of you before you took a deep breath in, trying to calm yourself down - tears had pooled at the corner of your eyes but you had managed not to cry.

yet anyway.

" i should have realised... " she started before you turned around in your spot. hands moved to wrap the purple jacket around your frame, before pushing them underneath your armpits. her dark eyes lingered on the piece of clothing for a little while longer, before she looked at you and the expression on her face hadn't changed. it was rather hard to describe. " he ... i- "

" i always thought you were joking when you said you had ordered a fez on the space web. " you interrupted her, brows raised on her forehead. a soft snort left you, as you made your way over to her, standing at least two feet away from her. " i told amy that her and river were allowed to destroy that one as well. " a cheeky grin crossed over your features.