The sound of the door hitting the wall immediately woke EJ up.

He sat up quickly and searched for the source of the noise.

I ran towards him, disregarding the fact that he had no mask on.

I had never actually seen him with his mask off, but I was told he didn't really like anyone looking at his face, so I decided not to bother him about. Secretly though, I had always wondered what he looked like without it on.

I didn't have time to take advantage of the situation though.

Toby was more important.

"EJ! It's Toby! Somethings wrong. I- I think he's having a seizure or something. I don't really know! But he told me to get you!" I whispered shouted, barely managing to keep my voice low enough to stop from waking the others nearby.

At this point, I was right at the edge of his bed, staring directly at his face.

He had no eyes, but if he did, they would have widened. Instead, I only saw his eyebrows raise in alarm.

I moved away quickly as EJ threw the covers off of himself and hopped out of bed. He only had on a black T-shirt and some boxers, but he made no move to put anything else on. Instead, he haphazardly grabbed his mask off of his nightstand and rushed out of his room.

I followed close behind him as he sped towards his lab.

"How bad was he? Were there tics? Were his bones cracking a lot? Spasms? Wide eyes? How well was he able to talk?" EJ asked breathlessly
as he ran into his lab and began tearing open cabinets.

Various pill bottles, flasks, and other items fell out.

"It was bad. I woke up because he was moving around so much. There were a lot of tics, cracks, and spasms. His eyes were really wide and he was just barely able to say your name to me." I replied back quickly.

EJ nodded his head and firmly grasped onto a small vile before he ran towards a drawer and yanked it open, pulling out what looked to be a needle.

He glanced at me before he raced out of the lab.

I wasted no time in running after him and managed to stay close behind as he ran towards where Toby was.

We ran into the room, only to find Toby in an even worse condition.

EJ hurried over and shoved the needle into the vile. Then he quickly extracted some of the liquid and didn't hesitate to inject it right into Tobys neck.

I cringed a little at the sight of the needle going into his neck, but my worry overpowered my reaction.

As soon as EJ injected all of the liquid, he jumped back towards me and held his arm in front of me.

Toby thrashed violently for what seemed like forever until soon his energy seemed to deplete and his eyes closed slowly.

EJ lightly put his hand on my shoulder and guided me out of the room.

"You'll have to sleep somewhere else tonight. We have a guest room, but there's a hole in the wall that mice and stuff have been getting in to, and I'm not sure if you want to be in there with who knows what. I'd say you could sleep in the lab, but I sort of found a... body... on the patient bed before I went to sleep and I haven't done anything with it yet so..." EJ trailed off as we walked down the hall.

"Hmm... okay how about this: you can sleep in my room tonight and I'll just sleep on the couch, because I'm assuming you don't want to be out in the open like that." He offered.

Sleeping on the couch was probably the last thing I wanted to do. There's no telling what the others might do to me while I was sleeping and completely vulnerable.

"Are you sure you're okay with that? I'd hate to kick you out of your own bed," I replied, turning my head to look right at him.

EJ rubbed his neck and and tilted his head towards the ceiling.

"It's fine. Toby would be mad at me if I let you sleep on the couch anyway," he responded, walking into his room.

"Okay... if you say so," I gave in.

EJ opened his closet and reached for some blankets on the top shelf.

"Um... Toby... will he be okay?" I asked, quietly, fearing the answer.

"I gave him a sedative mixed with a low liquid dose of his usual prescription. It'll get him through the rest of the night and hopefully most of tomorrow morning. I think Toby was so stressed out about you being knocked out that he forgot to take his medication. Then, when you woke up, he was too excited to remember to take them. That's why he was like that. Don't worry, though, tomorrow afternoon I'll make sure he takes his medication and after a day or so of recovery he should be fine." EJ explained, now facing me with a blanket in his arms.

He walked over to his bed and grabbed one of the pillows, then faced me again.

"Anything else?" He asked.

I hesitated.

"Um actually... could I ask you a few more questions?" I responded.

"Yeah, go ahead."

•••••
1384 words

Will Toby be okay?

What does (Y/N) need to ask?

Thoughts? Comments?

I literally wrote like all of this today, but hopefully it's still good. It's also a little longer too, but not my much. I was really close to making it even longer, but I decided to save it for next chapter. : D

Unedited