Chapter 3: remembering pain

• Dedicado a Carlos Santiago or my dad

Chapter 3: remembering pain

Jay

The music it’s all I hear. That music so sad like me. If fills my cell. Reminding me that I’m never getting out of here. That I will forever stay is here caged and chained like an animal. But most of all it reminds me that no one is looking for me and never will be.

For as long as I can remember the only thing I have done is sit here in this dark place with no windows and no hint of what lays out side that door. My food is served on a small tray that’s sled under the door.

I have no idea the time or the day or the year. Hell I don’t even know my own name they never talk to me or see me.

One minute I was hearing the music that they always play of me and the next silence. Never in my life has in been silent never.

That’s when all hell broke lose. Screaming and crying. It what I always thought death would sound like. Begging to live and screaming. God the screaming was the worst part.

It felt like hour before it all stopped. I figured soon the music would start again. But it never did. Instead I heard a name that was very familiar to me though I didn’t know where from.

Then the door that kept me in the dark for so long opened for the first time and a blinding light engulfed me while that name was said over and over again.

Artemis

I woke up sweating as I always do when I dream of that time of my life. Knowing that I wasn’t going to be able to sleep any more and there was no way in hell I was going to school after that. I toke a shower, got dressed, mind linked my dad and left with nothing with me but my ipod not even my body rings and went to the one place where I’m truly alone.

Making it to the pear was a lot easer then dad and mom always complained it was. It was this little abandoned dock on a seceded part of the beach. The ocean was so blue you could almost swear it wasn’t real. But it was.

I found it four years ago when we first moved to Selena(ps. I don’t know if I said where they where so if I did could you please comment and tell me what it was so I can fix this.). I had a nightmare that first day so I told my dad I was going for a walk to clear my head and I was wondering around in the woods and I felt this pull to something. But I didn’t know what. So out of morbid curiosity I went to find what it was and it lead me to this place. Ever since I come here every time I have one it helps in a weird way.

Plugging in my headphones and played one of my favorite songs and let the absorbed lyrics make me forget I was ever in that cell.

[Boy:]

I remember every little thing

As if it happened only yesterday

Parking by the lake

And there was not another car in sight