Chapter Thirty-Two: Earn Your Merit

The bell rang and a long sigh escaped my lips. My suspension was killing me! Leaving the office, the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Nikki's diary was in my backpack and I had no idea what I was gonna do with it yet. As I approached my locker and returned my books, I caught Nikki and Brie out of the corner of my eye leaving the school. Quickly locking my locker and chasing after them, I grabbed their attention when I spun Nikki around. Brie turned around with her.

"Where the hell did you two go?!"

I'll be honest, I was a little pissed that those two disappeared while I got all the blame.

"What do you mean?" Nikki responded.

"Yesterday! Both of you, gone!"

"She ran away," Brie intervened.

"Sasha?"

Sasha did run away. If it wasn't for Emma, I would've sent that woman to the hospital!

"No," Brie answered, "Carmella."

"Did you catch her?"

The twins gave each other a little smirk.

"Oh we got her," Nikki claimed with a devilish grin. "We got her good."

The Bellas chased Carmella into a bathroom. She tried to lock herself in a stall but Nikki bulldozed herself through the door before she could fully close it. Carmella ended up flying back into the toilet seat getting a little wedged in. Nikki was the first to take advantage of Carmella's situation and unleashed a fury of strikes.

"To summarize, she shit herself by the time we left," Brie informed.

I raised my eyebrows and let out an expression of shock and happiness.

"Really? Wow! Hey, look, Nikki, I'm really sorry," I apologized.

"What?" she questioned. "Why?"

A feeling of dread overcame me as my shoulders hung loose and my backpack dropped to the floor.

"None of this is your fault," I insisted reaching into my backpack pulling out her diary. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Brie eyes went wide as Nikki had a face of misery.

"I know everything."

Nikki shot me a look of desperation.

"Please don't show anyone that," she whispered with tears in her eyes.

"I know of Paige," I revealed. "I know what happened to her."

Instantly, Nikki began to explain that she had nothing to do with it.

"I know. But Paige could still be alive. Everyone needs to know what happened to her."

"Bayley, I can't let anyone read what's in there," she begged. "I can't have Sasha turn around and attack our family with debt."

"She's right," Brie claimed looking at Nikki. "Your diary could be the end of all of this. No one will look up at Sasha knowing what she did to Paige. Hell, police could even take care of her."

"No!" Nikki freaked."No police! We could get in trouble for all of this!"

"You're overreacting Nikki," Brie claimed. "We had no part in the incident with Paige. We'll be fine."

"What about everything else?!"

"You're being ridiculous. No one is going to jail for a swirly."

"Enough!" I interrupted.

The both stopped as I held the diary out.

"You both know what's at stake. You both know what is right. But I cannot be the bearer of this tragedy any longer. This is not my choice to make," I explained dropping the book at their feet.