Chapter Eight

"Want me to carry you?"

I gave him an are-you-serious look.

"You look like you're about to pass out, just sayin'," Wes stated. All of the boys slowly made their ways' inside, leaving Wes and I in the garage.

Sighing, I stretched my arms out to him. Wes wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me out. He closed the car door as I straddled him with my legs.

Well, Wes was right about me being about to pass out, considering one second, I was in his arms, the other I was being layed down on my bed.

Wes bent down and kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I was all tucked in and everything.

"Knock, knock, I'm coming in," Dane's voice sounded through the door.

"Hey," I replied, drowsily.

"You look tired. How about a goodnight kiss and I'll let you be?"

"Okay."

I kissed his cheek, and then he hugged me. Just like that, he was gone.

I think I have the family figured out: Alec is like the backup babysitter/ other driver, Wes is like my best friend, Dane is my secret boyfriend, Andrew is like the silent one who always washes the dishes, Jack and James are the two who say the exact same things, Ben is the content kid who will be crazy every once in a while, and Sam is the child that I can bribe with ice cream for anything.

Simple enough. I've only been with these boys for three weeks. Already, they've grown on me. I love them like my own brothers. Except for Dane, of course. He's my boyfriend.

Well, goodnight world.

🌜

"Jeanie, Alec is being mean!" Sam screamed, waking me from my slumber. Oh jeez, it's only seven.

"What is he doing that's mean?" I rubbed my temples as I walked into the kitchen.

"He said that I can't go to Will and Mitchell's house today! George is going too tonight, so I want to go!" Sam was angry.

"Alec, why can't he go?"

"He needs to clean his room." Alec had his hands folded across his chest.

"Sam, clean your room, and then you can go. Now I'm going back to bed. Don't burn the house down."

I turned on my heel, and made my way back to my bedroom. Wes blocked my way.

"Excuse me," I tried pushing past him.

"No, I want to talk to you."

"Fine, but make it quick, I'm still tired."

He walked in my room, and plopped down on my bed, laying across the whole thing.

I climbed over him to get to the side of my bed that was against the wall. Then I put my head on the pillow next to his.

"So...," I said.

"Listen, would you be upset if we had to stay with you any longer than the summer? Like to start going to school here."

"Why?"

"No reason. Just answer."

"No, I would be glad. I love you guys. Especially you," giggling, I punched Wes's shoulder.

"That's good. I applied to a lot of colleges. One of them that I got accepted to was here. But I'm still not sure which one I'll choose. I still have a few more weeks."

"If you want to stay with us, I'm sure my parents are okay with it too."

Wes kissed my forehead, and pulled the blanket up over our bodies. He was so warm and comfortable when he wrapped his arms around me, I couldn't help but fall asleep.

"Jean."

I moved around, giving off a crabby whimper.

"Jean."

"What do you want?" My voice was fueled by crabbiness.

"I want to you wake up. It's almost two o'clock and the boys are starving."

"Fine, I'll get up." I climbed over Wes, and stood up. Immeadietly, I fell back on top of him.

"Woah, let me help."

Wes stood up next to me, one hand on my shoulder. Then we walked out of my room.

"What do you guys want for lunch?" I asked.

"We should go out to eat!" Ben chirped up.

"Alright. Taco Bell. It's Happier Hour anyways," I said, "Alec, we're going to Taco Bell!"

Alec walked in. "If you take the other car, you guys can go and just bring something back for Sam and I."

Very logical. I nodded, grabbed the other keys, and led the boys out to the garage. Wes called shotgun, much to Dane's distaste.

I turned up the radio, but not obnoxiously loud. "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams came on.

I love Bryan Adams. My favorite song by him is "Everything I Do, I Do It For You." I want to play this song at my wedding, if I do get married. It was played at my parent's wedding.

I looked over to see Wes singing along. I joined him, singing very loudly. We laughed and sung and recieved strange looks from the other boys.

After it was over, I turned the radio down a little bit. It was a commercial.

"How do you know that song? It's from the 1800s or something!" A voice sounded from the backseat.

"I love Bryan Adams! And 1985, to be exact," I replied.

"My favorite song by him is "Everything I Do, I Do It For You."" Wes said.

"Mine too!" The commercials were over. "Shut up, it's the Eagles!"

"Already Gone" came on. Wes joined me in singing the chorus. Nobody under the age of 40 knows these songs. Except for me and Wes.

It came to my favorite quote. My life quote. "So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."

"We are already gone, and I'm feeling strong. I will sing this victory song, 'cause I'm already gone. Yes, I'm already gone, and I'm feeling strong. I will sing sing this victroy song, 'cause I'm already gone. Cause I'm already gone. Already gone. Already gone."

This is one of my favorite songs. My absolute favorite is "Sister Golden Hair," by America. I love most songs from the 70's and the 80's. Some of my other favorites are "Just the Way You Are," by Billy Joel, "Words," by the BeeGees, "I Want You To Want Me," by Cheap Trick, and many more.

I pulled into the drive thru at Taco Bell. Then I ordered two 12 packs of Doritos Locos Tacos, one nacho cheese and one cool ranch. Then I got nine Baha Blast slushies.

I payed for the order, and we got our food. Then I drove back home.

Wes helped me carry in all of the food. We set it all on the table, and Sam and Alec walked in.

"Everyone gets a slushy and two tacos. Oldest three get two extra tacos." The biggest reason I said that is because there is six extra tacos. The other was because I want two extra tacos and I'm the third oldest.

Grabbing my four Nacho Cheese tacos and my slushy, I sat in my normal seat.

We joked, laughed, and had a good time. I can't believe that they will be leaving in a month and a half. Six weeks.

Another week went by, and our parents' came back for a week.

I guess that you can say Jean is a lot like me. For one, I love all those songs. Also, I want a pickup truck. And I would probably end up being best friends with Wes. He's a cool dude.