Chapter Three

I was still in Wes's arms for another few minutes after they left. I wanted to be sure they were gone.

After I was positive they were gone, I dropped to the ground.

"Gotcha!" One of the boys yelled, jumping on me. Ben took me to jail.

I sighed. Wes already knows where the baseball is, so of course he's going to go for it.

"Don't we get a freebie back?" Wes's voice scared me. I didn't expect him to come back.

"You came for me?"

"Of course!"

"B-but you could've gotten the baseball and won!"

"I didn't want to leave you. So, are you coming or not?"

"Yes," I said, taking his hand and walking back to the creek.

When we got back, we turned around and ran back to their side.

Together, we found the baseball, and together, we raced back, being chased by Dane and Ben.

We barely made it. Wes picked me up and spun me around. We won!

"Congrats, guys," Dane said.

Afterwards, we got the horse brush back, and rode back to the barn. Dane wanted to ride back with me, so Wes drove Ben.

We parked the five ATVs, and walked back inside.

"Oh, jeez, it's ten o'clock already," I said, checking the time. "Off to bed, you go!"

I got groans from all of them, but I could tell they were tired. I walked back into my room, and put on pajamas. By pajamas, I meant a sports bra and a pair of spandex.

After I was all swaddled up under my covers, I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I whispered just loud enough so they could hear.

"Dane," he replied, and walked in.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"Nothing, really, I just want to get to know you better. I mean, we'll be living together for three months," Dane said.

"Well, I like cooking and baking, I've lived here in Wisconsin my whole life, and I love cheese," I replied.

"I didn't mean it like that, really, more like the kind of person you are."

"Well one would've thought they knew my personality after going through the night we just had, but okay. You just have a little patience, and you'll get to know me."

"Well, do you have many friends? A boyfriend, perhaps?"

"Yes, of course I have friends, and no boyfriend."

"Oh. Thanks. See you in the morning then?" Dane said.

"Yeah."

That was weird. Whatever, I need some sleep.

---------------

I set my alarm for six in the morning so I could be up before the guys. I started making breakfast.

"Wake up!" I shouted, "time for breakfast!"

They all came down in a matter of seconds. The food was already on the table, and the boys sat at the same spots as last night.

I made sure that I was going to get enough food by making my plate before they got here.

"Delicious!" Sam said.

"Thank you. Anyone need coffee or tea?" I asked.

"I'll take some coffee, if you're making it," Alec said.