Chapter 12: Captain Hardner

Based on Chapter 206 of the Rave Master manga series by Hiro Mashima.

(A/N: Branch died... *dives into swimming pool full of tears*)

Last time: They were going to blow up the Freedom Fighter's Hideout!

-Mia's POV-

I was stuck hiding on the ship all night and all day, where ever the Six Guards were going it was far away from Ribelya. I spent the night tucked away under some boxes silently crying because less than five minutes after I realised their plan, the hideout was blown up.

I told myself they got out but deep down I knew with only five minutes it was nearly impossible to evacuate everyone. It felt the same horrible pain in my chest all over again, when I cried in front of Resha's grave, when I couldn't attend my Mama and Papa's funerals, when I learned of Shiba's death. I gave myself one night to cry, then I would wipe the tears away and tell myself 'no more'!

But this time it was different.

If Haru had died my entire purpose of living had died with him and I would have to live forever. Maybe I should've just given him the Rave straight away, I wouldn't have been in this mess.

If they were alive though, they would find out pretty quickly that I wasn't with them and assume I was dead.

As for me, the bruise on my forehead was gone in hours, my stomach and cheek had fully healed by the morning leaving dried blood on my shirt and face. My arm looked normal again but I was still getting a huge amount of pain from it.

It was extremely cramped in my dark little box-sheltered corner, not only that it was incredibly boring sitting still for that long. Having nothing to do left me to my thoughts and they didn't take long to turn depressing...

That's when I started doing whatever I could to keep myself occupied. I inspected my hair and how the left side was now half the length of the right all thanks to Leopard, I counted mud aleck a on my boots, I thought about going to sleep but I didn't dare due to how much I move around when I do.

After and hour I huffed and decided to inspect my sword, I reached down to my side and gripped it. In my haste when I moved it the tip dragged along the floor makings huge noise.

I froze as the chatter from the control room, which was right next to me, ceased and was replaced by concentrated silence.

"Master Lukan, did you hear that?" I heard a troop ask.

"Yes." Lukan replied, his footsteps sounded, each foot fall closer and closer to me. I sucked in my breath and clamped my hand over it.

'Please don't find me, please don't find me.' I prayed in my head, I was shaking in fear as the footsteps stopped right in front in me. I almost stopped breathing all together as the box over my head was slowly lifted away revealing my distinctive green hair. 'No, please' I pleaded one last time in my head.

"Well, well there seems to be a rat infestation on ship." Lukan sneered as I slowly lifted my head, my eyes wide and terrified, the dark bags underneath them serving as evidence that I had been awake all night.

He violently kicked the remaining boxes away and pulled me but my neck. I choked in his tight grip and clawed at his hands, not in fear of death but in fear of the certain pain that was coming my way. Why did I have follow Leopard and Giraffe?! Why was I so stupid in my anger?!

"Do you know we do with rats?" he spat though gritted teeth, his harsh a few inches from my face. "Exterminate them." he said throwing me roughly to the floor. I gasped for air and the impact winded me.