Chapter 14: Too Late?

Dedicated to: Fran_ImATopMagician for the first and second vote! Thanks!

Based on Chapters 209 and 211 of the Rave Master manga series by Hiro Mashima.

(A/N: Thanks for all the reads! I've yet to have and any comments though... come on get talking! Sorry it's short, I just really wanted to post something!)

Last time: "Look, whatever they did it doesn't matter because my wounds have already healed up. Now can we all move on, this ship is heading to destroy Makai invade you all forgot."

-Mia's POV-

"Nice boobs Mia." Julia smirked at me, shamelessly poking them through my bra. Well, I can say my shirt was back pretty quickly after that.

"So if Mia was captured by the enemy, how did you too two manage to get here?" Let asked folding his arms.

"Supply Ships." Shuda answered smartly.

"Supply Ships?" HARU asked like he didn't even know they had those here, he did know right?

"Puun?" Plue joined in the confusion from atop of Elie's head.

Shuda hesitated, "yeah... We hid in the ships to sneak in." He explained, it ou dead like a logical plan. if Haru didn't do that, what did he do?

"You can do that?!" Haru and Musica exclaimed together with their jaws dropped. That's how it started, Julius going on about beauty, Nagisa wanting to hit him, Elie claiming that they went to a lot of effort to get into the Fortress.

Then, Nagisa asked a question that quietened everyone, "Even so, why are you here... aren't Demon Card and BG allies?" She asked with a doubtful frown, it was a good question. Why would Julius, a very influential Demon Card general, want to join us in a fight against BG?

"I believe I said this before, I don't wanna fight you guys. So! Let's fight alongside each other! Let us sing together! let us...", and so he went on about things that didn't even matter. Shuda said he was just telling us not to sweat the small stuff, but I had to admit: Julius was one odd guy.

"That aside, I'm kinda worried about those intruders other than us." Musica said putting on a serious face. It amazed me how these people could switch personalities so quickly, even if I was kinda the same. I turned to look at the black haired silver claimed, there were other people aboard?

"Yeah... I dunno who they are but they're cold-blooded, and probably strong too." Haru commented wearing an indents all look to that of Musica.

Shuda's eyes widened substantially, "Now that you mention it, there's one person we've forgotten about..." He said trembling a little bit, seeing Shuda that shaken up surprised me a lot. Until of course, I realised they were talking about Lazenby, they guy who was meant to dance with Elie at the Dance Contest two days ago.

"Where did we even leave him?" I asked trying to recall the last time he made an appearance. Nope, nothing but the dance contest.

"Beats me." Bonnie replied, we all just kind of shrugged our shoulders and moved on.

"I'm going to check out the mounds of dead bodies. I've got a bad feeling about it." Shuda announced before walking swiftly away, his tattered Cape flowing behind his retreating figure. With a quick 'be careful' warning from Haru, Musica suggested we looked for Hardner because he would have the Staff. I wasn't so sure, that Belnika girl could have it.

"This place is so big! Where do we start?" Elie said. It was true, I'd only seen it once while I was being dragged in but this fortress was a easily as big a city. It could take us days to search the whole place, we had hours before we arrived at Makai.

"We could ask the Koala from before." Nagisa suggested, Haru exclaimed in agreement but by the time we sifted through the pile of scrap metal left behind by his broken machine, he wasn't there anymore. it was unbelievable considering Julius and Shuda's amazing attack. Plus, understandably, I really wanted to punch that guy after the pain he caused me.

"Wait! Be quiet!" Let suddenly shushed, holding up his hand in a way that motioned for us all to stop. We did as we were told and he seemed to be concentrating on listening to something. "I hear a strange voice." He announced, his thin eyebrows knitting together.

"Could it be his humming?" Haru asked pointing at Julius who was still in his own world blabbering about all the things we could do together.

"I'll shut him up." I said before proceeding to slap him up the side of the head. He looked at me in shock and anger that I messed up his hair, "Don't worry, it still looks beautiful." I said just to ensure his silence.

"The sound is of machinery." Julia informed, as she put her fingers to her temple in concentration. Well, that wasn't uncommon on a flying air fortress, Musica (who had thought the same) shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Machinery? Isn't that coming from over there." He nodded his head to one of the metal walls, only to have Elie shush him.

I felt something clang underfoot, "No... It sounds like something being released, like something breaking." Let said when suddenly the floor gave out from under foot and all of us went falling through the air. There were various shouts of panic and orders to jump to safe ground. Where was the ground? This falling thing was becoming a habit!

Everyone tried but somehow the Machines moved and knocked them to random places making them fall regardless. I managed to grab the ledge and see that it was Koala and his power to manipulate machinery. Spotting me hanging on, he clapped his hands together through his hanging sleeves.

"I'm strong, yeah yeah!" He cheered as all my friends fell.

Anger bubbled up inside of me and I clawed my way further up the ledge, "I get you for this! I swear to god I'll end-" My rant ended when he made the machinery removed the bit that was supporting me and I fell. This time there was No Musica to cushion my fall and so when I slammed into my back, I had trouble breathing for a few minutes before I could get up properly. Damn that stupid Koala!

I stood and walked around until I found a door I recognised. the door to the massive room everyone had met in before. Suddenly the whole fortress jolted, being in a corridor with no windows I instinctively burst through the door to look outside the massive window.

It was Makai. We'd already gone through the Makai Gate.