Rose-Colored Boy Pt. 1

Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather.

"I mean you can't pressure the kid, Josh." Brendon Urie sits beside his best friend Josh Dun who's frustratingly devouring a Ziploc baggy of pistachios. "He's not necessarily the type of person to hang with people like us."

At that, Josh stops mid-bite of placing a pistachio onto his tongue. "People like who?"

Brendon gives him a look, the type of look you'd give somebody who's said something completely dumb. "Okay, my idiot friend. I want you to take one look at that boy over there then take a look at yourself and if you want to take it to the next level, take a look at me and kumquat over there. Josh, we're not exactly people people."

"People people? God, Bee, you're not making any sense."

Brendon laughs, hitting the table with the palm of his hand. "We hate interaction with anybody outside of our group. Tyler Joseph is the epitome of the very top of the social status. Meaning he could flash anybody those pearly whites, he could befriend anybody. But come talk to us? Jesus, what a joke that'd be."

Josh huffs, glancing back over at Tyler who's laughing with his friends who seem to emit the same aura but Tyler seems to have a more brightness to him. "You know what, you're right." Josh decides as he shoves a handful of pistachios into his mouth. "He's too good anyways, wouldn't understand our love for Satan."

"I think you've forgotten that it's only Brendon here who loves Satan as much as I love vagina." Hayley Williams lifts her head up from the table, one of her perfectly arched eyebrows perked up.

"Hey first off, ew. Don't ever say that word again, it's a disgrace to this table." Brendon cringes, throwing one of Josh's pistachios at her face. "And secondly, you're right. Josh, it's only me that loves Satan get it right next time. I think you meant to say he wouldn't get your love for... uh--" Brendon scratches at his head, biting on the inside of his lip. "What do you like? Because you never seem to talk about anything other than Tyler Joseph!" And as soon as those words left his mouth, the last two leaving his mouth a bit too loudly, the boy from across the room looks up and over towards their table when he hears his name.

Josh widened his eyes, freezing as he turns around to give Brendon his best evil eye. "Are you crazy?" He whisper yells, even though no ones listening to them and the cafeteria is as loud as it ever is. "Now he's seen us, you dope-head."

"I think you meant, he's seen you." Brendon points behind Josh, who turns around to see Tyler still in his seat with a smile still on his face listening to his friends around him, but he's not looking at them; he's looking straight at Josh. "He's in love with you already. Dear God, I can see it now." Brendon shivers in his seat.

Josh couldn't seem to bring himself from looking back at Tyler, the two still locking stares. Tyler's shoulders move as he laughs, that smile still upon his cherry cheeks. "No..." Josh shakes his head, turning around in his seat. He fiddles with the now empty Ziploc bag, his eyebrows furrowed as he sits there confused. He's never felt this way before and he hates the bubbly feeling he's got going on in his stomach right now. All he wants to do is go home and hide underneath his sheets in his dark room, but that's going to have to wait as it's not even close to the end of the school day.

"C'mon, J. Time to head to class, we got MP so maybe that'll help you get your mind off of him." Hayley pokes at Josh's bicep, who nods as he gets up, discarding his trash on the way out.

As Josh and his friends walk out of the cafeteria, Tyler watches the entire time. Even though he had no clue as to who those three were, he was particularly interested in the purple headed boy who seemed to always have a scowl upon his face.

"Ty?" Jenna Black nudges at Tyler's arm with her own, looking at Tyler then at the small group of friends then back at Tyler. "Who are they?" She asks genuinely curious.

"I'm not sure, Jen, but I wanna know." He sighs, stacking his trash on top of the others' trash in the center of the table. "Could you get me my bag pretty please?"

"Of course, Princess." Jenna giggles as she reaches for the galaxy printed book-bag that the two made themselves. With a ton of patience and acrylic paint, both Jenna and Tyler made it their mission to create their own galaxy bag without having to spend a ton of money on one already made. "Hey, I think I know the girl though! She's in my Music Production class, which I have next--" Jenna gasps, patting Tyler's knee in excitement. "I'll ask her! Tyler, I've got an amazing idea. I'm going to make them our friends."

Tyler squints his eyes at her and whines. "But I want to be the one to do that! After all, I am the one to see them first, mainly the purple boy."

"Purple boy? You mean he's got purple hair?" Jenna asks to which Tyler nods. "That's Josh Dun, he's really good at the drums. Mr. Hoover makes him play in front of the class all the time." She giggles at that, tugging at Tyler's hand. "C'mon, I'll walk you to class since it's across from mine. Don't you have that piano recital tomorrow?"

"Hmph, don't remind me." Tyler groans. "My anxiety has been so bad because of it."

"But you're going to do so well!" Jenna exclaims.

Tyler looks at her from the corner of his eye, a blush rising to his cheeks as he giggles. "Oh I know, who am I kidding. I'm going to do great."

"Of course you are." Jenna winks as she links her arm with Tyler's as the two make their way to the music hall.