Problem High Pt. One

(this was the introductory to the book. but now this is just a one shot following students on their first day back to school.)

I had the idea to create a book about teens struggling through mental illnesses, finding their sexuality, finding themselves as who they truly are whether that'd be transgender or non-binary or so on, struggling through an abusive household or having an addict as a parent and/ or being an addict themselves, being a rape victim, etc.

Most of these are true stories. Some are ones I've made up but coincidentally can be true stories for others. I'm hoping this doesn't flop, as I'll be adding my own story into this but through somebody else obviously. I'm hoping this doesn't flop because everyone's feelings and stories are valid and they aren't talked about as much as they should be. Read this with an open mind!

Trigger warning:
- drug abuse
- alcohol abuse
- rape
- self-harm/suicide attempts
- anxiety/panic attacks
- cruel remarks about sexuality
- verbal abuse/physical abuse
- sex
- age gap relationships
- polyamory relationships

STAY SAFE I LOVE ALL OF YOU

If you have any concerns or if you just want to talk, my messages are always open and you are more than welcome to message me if you need anything. Or if you just want to talk to make a new friend. I'm here and I always will be.

***

Tyler

The first day of school was always the hardest. But the first day of High School? What a nightmare.

Young Tyler Joseph stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom, which was all completely his. His mother being courteous by letting him be the first to pick his bedroom, Tyler almost cried as she spoke those words then ran straight into the house and up the stairs to the biggest room which luckily had a bathroom attached to it. But currently, right now, he had a horrible feeling in his chest which he most likely presumed was his anxiety. The anxiety had bellowed deep within him for the past week. The multiple trips to the store for school supplies, even the ones to the mall for new clothes, he had anxiety itching at his neck.

"Tyler, Honey. What have I said about the scratching?" Tyler's mother, Kelly, walked into his bathroom, wiping at his back to rid his shirt of any lint.

"I'm sorry, Ma. I can't help it." At that, Tyler began to pick at his nails; a substitute for his neck scratching.

Kelly opened up the mirror cabinet by Tyler's head, who ducked out of the way so his mother could grab his medication. One bottle of Klonopin, another of Celexa, then one more of Excedrin. Kelly grabs the glass that Tyler always kept on the counter, filling it up with water. She then took two pills out of every bottle before placing them all down onto a folded, clean rag right next to the glass of water. "Take them two at a time, Sweetie. Let's not have a repeat of the other night, okay?"

"Yes, Ma. Thank you." Tyler smiles gratefully before taking two pills, swallowing them down with water then repeating the process two more times. "Are you taking me?" He asks after wiping his mouth with the rag and emptying the cup.

"Your father is. I have to stay here with Maddy, she's got the stomach flu. Poor thing." Kelly frowns, then turns off the bathroom light as Tyler heads back into his bedroom. He grabs his jacket and his backpack then turns around to face his mother. He's having those bad feelings again as he gives Kelly a false smile, his eyebrow twitching as he does. Kelly moves to stand in front of her son, her hand going to rest on the side of his head as her thumb rubs gently over his twitching eyebrow. "Everything will be okay." She whispers, leaning in to press a loving kiss to Tyler's forehead. "Now go before you make me cry." A nervous laugh leaves her as she wipes at her eyes. "Have a good day, I love you."