Love At First Sight

I know it's cringe to write stories about yourself but as a person who struggles with dysphoria, anxiety nervousa and depression, I think writing about yourself is therapeutic.

How could this day get any worse? First his parents kick him out and now it's started to rain. Lukas has had the worst luck when it comes to mother nature, he's had this unfortunate luck since he was eleven and it's bothered him since.

Oh great, now his backpack is going to get ruined. He can already see some of the colors he's drawn on there fade away as the rain continues to pelt down. How could this day get any worse?

For the next fifteen minutes, Lukas walks down the barren sidewalk. His arms are frozen at his sides and his hands are in fists, he's shaking and he hopes he doesn't get sick from this but he just might, knowing his dumb luck with mother nature. Suddenly a small diner comes into his view, the windows illuminating light and all he could think about was how warm he was going to be as he opened one of the doors and stepped inside. He was immediately hit with the wondrous aroma of home and the smell of pumpernickel bread. Oh boy, it must be fresh pumpernickel bread.

"Hi, Sweetie, go ahead and pick any seat. I'll send my boy right over in a bit." A lady smiles towards Lukas as she motions around the empty diner.

Lukas hesitantly takes a seat at one of the cushioned booths. The tablecloth was soft and he smiled lightly as he took off his backpack and coat, setting them to the side. He places his hands flat onto the tablecloth, rubbing the fabric softly before laying his head down onto the table. Turning his head to rest on one of his cheeks, he looks out of the window to watch the rain fall. Lukas let's out a small hum, closing his eyes. He just couldn't help it. The diner was so warm and this tablecloth was incredibly inviting. He could fall asleep right here and not have a single worry. After all, he's had a long day and it's about time he take some time for himself.

"Are you okay?" A voice startles Lukas as the boy jumps, lifting his head up off of the table and immediately starts to blush. A boy was stood in front of him and he looked worried.

"I-I'm fine," oh boy, he's gorgeous. Lukas blushes even deeper and he becomes embarrassed. The boy in front of him notices this and he smiles.

"Well I'm Dallon, I'll be right back with some cocoa for you." Dallon walks away and hurries into the kitchen.

"Dallon, Dallon. . . Dallon." Lukas repeats the boys name and he decides he really loves the way it sounds.

A few minutes later, "here you go, I made it myself. I already had water boiling for my pasta but I think you need a warm drink more than I need dinner." Dallon laughs.

"Oh, thank you," Lukas takes a careful sip of the steaming drink, welcoming the warmth.

"What's your name?" Dallon asks.

Lukas looks up and gulps down the sip he had just taken. "Luke," he'd rather that than Lukas, he hates the professionalism of his full name. Luke it is, then.

"It's nice to meet you, are you hungry? What can I get you?" Dallon offers a smile and slides over a menu.

"Oh, I - I don't have any money," at this realization Luke pushes the mug of hot chocolate away from himself.

"No, that's alright," Dallon pushes the mug back over gently. "This and your meal are on the house, so pick anything."

"I can't accept that, I'm sorry." Luke moves to stand up, he grabs his bag and slides it onto his shoulders. "I should really be going, thank you for the hot chocolate," Luke hurries out of the diner and the rain hits him unpleasantly. Where to now?

Luke starts walking right out of the diner, along the street with his hood up over his head and his arms crossed.

The storm from earlier had passed, now only a distant rumble as the leftover rain fell lightly on the top of Luke's head.

"Hey wait!"

Luke turns to see Dallon running after him with an opened umbrella and a to-go bag.

"You can come back inside you know?" Dallon huffed as he slowed to a stop in front of Luke, chest rising and falling as he caught his breath. "Wow, you are a fast walker," he chuckles. Luke is still quiet. "Mama wanted me to give you this and to let you know that you'll be staying at house-de-weekes tonight. She doesn't know French, or maybe that's Spanish I have no clue." Dallon was laughing at himself and his mother.

"At- at your house?"

"Well, yeah, or is there another house she's not telling me about," Dallon playfully ponders. "Come on, I think the storms coming back this way. The damn wind never makes up its mind here,"

"I- I don't know..." Truthfully Luke wanted nothing more than to get out of these wet clothes and into something warm. He wanted soup and more of that hot chocolate. He wanted to sleep but also talk more with Dallon.

"Please? Pretty, pretty please?" Dallon was doing his best at crossing his hands together, pleading with the umbrella and food in his hands.

"Only because you said please twice," Luke gives a small smile, nodding because he really wanted to get out of this rain.

Look, listen I didn't know how to end this and this has been in my drafts for A LONG time. It's cringey and I hate it but don't hate it at the same time. I'll probably never write anything about myself ever again. Thank you.