Walking through the doors, I'm hit by the smell of fresh ground coffee beans and pastries fresh from the oven. I start to peer around the slightly busy room to meet two gleaming eyes staring me down with a matching smile. My heart skipped a beat, the dim lights of the bar hindered what he actually looked like, but as the day light shone through the window, Ian was...

Oh my God...

His smile widened slightly the closer I got to the table, resulting in him trying to hide it by buttoning his lips, briefly licking them.

That did not help my nerves.

I sat down across from him— his tatted arms on full display and his bed head covered with a bucket hat— he sat there fidgeting with a table marker. Was he nervous?

"..hey" he smiled, still playing with the table marker, "I uh... I ordered for us already. If that's okay..." he looked down briefly, his face turning a slight shade of red.

Oh my god his IS nervous!

"Yeah, that's fine." I wasn't any better. Icouldn't even look at him.

"So uh..."

"I don't normally do that.." his ears perked up as he raised a brow, "You know...what we did..."

"Oh. I don't either." He said with no real tone in his voice. I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not, so it made me a bit tense. Clearly I couldn't hide my expression because he responded quickly after, "I'm serious. I'm not really sure why I decided to be brave that night. Could've been what I was drinking... or something..." He looked off to the side.

I still didn't know how to feel about his statement— so, me being the divisive type, "Ah... so you didn't mean that whole 'Anytime, Anywhere' thing..." I looked down and began to pick at my fingers, feeling a bit foolish.

"No, I meant that." I shot my head back up just to see him posing with the table card covering his mouth. I giggled just as our coffee French press was sat down on the table, along with cream & sugar, a blueberry muffin, a breakfast sandwich, two mugs and water. He looked awkward as the clerk extended their hand out for the table marker. "Sorry." He placed it in their hand and I tried to stifle my laugh.

"You stalk me or something?" I say looking down at the pastry in front me.

"Huh?"

"This is like, my favorite thing here." I say breaking off a still steaming crumble.

"Really?" His eyes lit up as I popped the piece into my mouth, nodding, "I just took a guess." He took a bite of his sandwich, now nervously tapping his foot. This clearly did not seem like the same confidence he had the other night.

"Yeah, I love blueberries." A small amount of silence fell upon us as we started to eat, til I had to ask a question that was weighing on me, "So why?.."

"Why what?" He looked up briefly from his food.

I paused. I honestly had to know, "So why approach me in the first place? I don't really seem like I'd be your type.." I said as I poured my first cup.

"And what SEEMS like my type?" He eyed me intently.

"... I mean... not ME." I peer at him through the steam from my cup as I take a sip.

"You mean black?..." he raised his brow.

I did a small hiccup. Just gonna directly say it, huh? "Uhhh," I laugh a bit, "Yeah..."

He smirked, "I don't have a type when it comes to that stuff. It's who you are that counts..."

"I'm sure you didn't know me JUST from those few short minutes."