Kate Austen- First Impressions (c)

Life on a deserted island was surprisingly not too bad. It'd have been very different if you were on your own but with the rest of the survivors of Oceanic 815, you had made a community to help each other and try to create new lives even if you were all limited on resources.

Recently a cave had been found that offered protection from the elements unlike the beach, however, was a danger due to the single entrance. Nevertheless, some of the survivors moved up there as there were more resources and with the onslaught of rain, the protection the cave offered was desired.

You and your island girlfriend Kate had moved up to the cave, taking a section near the back, that was out of the way of the other residents. The two of you were the only ones there that afternoon, collecting all the empty water bottles so that you could refill them for everyone.

The two of you were trying to make conversation as you did so that the time would pass quicker, and the work would be done but you were limited on conversation topics to think of.

"So, what did you think of me when we first met?" Kate asked, grabbing a plastic bottle, throwing it into her rucksack.

"Well you seemed mysterious and then I found out you were a criminal, that did put a bump in the road," you laughed. "I didn't think we'd get along, a baker's daughter from South Carolina and the criminal from Iowa, they don't seem to mesh very well. But I guess I turned out liking you a lot more than I originally planned."

Kate rolled her eyes at your comment as the two of your continued to search for bottles.

"You planned to not like me?"

"Well you're the type of gal that my mum always warned me about," you smirked.

"I'm a small-town girl too," she commented. "We just went down different paths I guess."

You shrugged your shoulders, throwing your rucksack onto your back ready to carry them to fill them for everyone.

"It doesn't matter though. We may have taken completely different paths but we still both ended up on that plane and are now here. Whether we went to college or committed a crime doesn't matter here. We're all equal."

Kate smiled, approaching you. She wrapped her arms around you, leaning in to press her lips onto yours.

"We may have never have met in the real world, and if we had we wouldn't have connected but I'm glad we have each other now."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.