Desmond Hume- Interested (c)

You had become used to everyone on the island. There was no one new to a seemingly uninhabited island in the middle of nowhere, only people whom had lost their lives to the dangers the world through at you. However, that had changed. It had become clear more people lived on this island, and they weren't overly friendly although one person seemed to be.

Locke and Boone had found a hatch, a place that homed a singular person and more supplies than you could have all dreamed for. It may have started on a rough term but Desmond Hume, the man of the hatch, soon integrated himself into your community.

He seemed nice. You hadn't spoken to him too much as he seemed to spend as much time with Jack as possible, but you got along well, when you did talk. He intrigued you more than you thought a stranger would; you pitied him for staying in such a place on his own for so long. You doubted you would have stayed remotely sane on the island without everyone there.

You were sat on the sand, reading one of the books you had managed to convince Sawyer to lend you, whilst Jack and Desmond were sat a stone's throw away, in ear shot. You didn't aim to listen into their conversation, but you were intrigued when you heard your name.

"You want to know about Y/N?" Jack questioned.

You raised your eyebrow; quickly hiding your face in your book so they were not able to see you paying attention to them.

"Yes," Desmond responded, simply.

Jack listed of random facts about you that he knew. You had been friends with Jack since you crashed on the island, so he knew a far bit about you and he shared most of it with Desmond. Desmond stayed silent until Jack finished but before he could say anything Jack continued to talk.

"If you want to know about her, maybe you should try talking to her," Jack offered.

Desmond attempted to argue but the American man had already called out your name. You acted as though this was your first knowledge of them being there, smiling pleasantly at the two men. Jack gestured for you to go over to him.

You did as you were told sitting down with the two men.

"Y/N, you've met Desmond, right?" Jack smiled.

"Yes," you smiled in response, trying not to become to flustered.

"Good," he stated. "I think the two of you would get along rather well."

Before either you or Desmond could say anything Jack gave you both a knowing look, making an excuse to leave the two of you alone in an awkward silence.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.