Chapter 23

Story By: Choco Lily

Story Assistant: Rozenbach

Editor: Draygan

** Disclaimer **
The characters in this novel are a work of fiction and are not based on real people other than their names!

Chapter 23

Tea Cake continued telling Guan Zhong everything she knew about Rosaline's disappearance.

All the while Tea Cake was talking, Queen Ruyi's eyes never left the bottle containing the fabled Beauty Pill.

"Um... I will hand in the payment first." Rozenbach placed the bottle on the jade table and pushed it towards Queen Ruyi. Although he would have preferred to hold it until Guan Zhong found Rozie, Rozenbach could not continue seeing the raw longing that seemed to be screaming from Queen Ruyi's expression.

"No! That would not be appropriate!" Queen Ruyi said hastily, but her eyes still lingered longingly on the bottle.

"You seem to want it very badly," Rozenbach noted.

"It's our policy not to accept client payment until the task is completed!"

This... would they not incur losses with that policy?

"I trust you," Rozenbach insisted and pushed the bottle even closer to Queen Ruyi.

Queen Ruyi suddenly looked as if she was going to cry! "Thank you! I promise you on my name that I will aid you in finding your twin brother!"

As she stopped speaking, a light blue mist suddenly wrapped around Queen Ruyi for a moment before it gently dispersed.

Tea Cake gasped, "That's a sacred promise! If it is broken, that person will be punished with unimaginable pain!"

Rozenbach did not know what a Sacred Promise was, but from Tea Cake's explanation, it could be guaranteed that Queen Ruyi would not break her promise!

"Woah...That's some unnecessary pressure right there," Guan Zhong lamented.

"You must do your very best, Guan! Do not even dare to come back without Lord Rozenbach or you will suffer my Ruyikick!"

Guan Zhong flinched and his face paled, as he knew very well of his elder sister's kick. The number of times he had experienced it was more than his fingers could count.

A sudden loud splash got everyone's attention. Rozenbach turned to the direction of the sound, which was from the long, narrow river. The river seemed to be connected to the whole palace as he remembered often seeing it everywhere he went.

Tea Cake stood up with her back towards Rozenbach, her stance to protect him from danger. He could not see anything as Tea Cake was holding up her outer green robe in front of them.

He blinked when he heard Guan Zhong's and Queen Yuuko's miserable wailing.

"Teaaaa Cakeeee!" Queen Yuuko screamed in annoyance.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I just wanted to protect Mistress!"

"You can put down your robe now," Queen Ruyi said. Tea Cake finally lowered the obstacle that was obstructing his sight.

Rozenbach's eyes widened as he saw the forms of the two Queens and Guan Zhong – they were completely soaked! Even the group of intimidating men that had stood in front of them could not block them from the water.

It was only Tea Cake and Rozenbach that had remained dry, with the exception of Tea Cake's outer robe.

"What's going on?" Rozenbach asked in surprise.