Chapter 10

Story By: Choco Lily

Story Assistant: Rozenbach

Editor: Draygan

** Disclaimer **
The characters in this novel are a work of fiction and are not based on real people other than their names!

Chapter 10

The shocked Rozenbach gaped at Princess Ruri with a silly expression. But, what other jealous candidates saw was that this beauty in blue was deliberately acting cute!

"Princess, the selection has not even begun yet. How can you just assume that girl to be your new mother?!" Minister Shortbread's niece was the only one brave enough to speak up, or rather, shrieked in a way that was painful to the listener's ears.

Princess Ruri glanced at the rude girl, a hint of disapproval flashed in her eyes. "What is your name?"

Minister Shortbread's niece looked happy with the princess's attention and was totally ignorant of the princess's mood, clearly visible on her face. "This girl's name is Muffin."

Princess Ruri smiled darkly. "Muffin, is it? I will remember you."

The important thing that Rozenbach wanted to ask was...Why were they named after food? Even his little maid's name was named after food!

The ignorant Muffin smiled brightly as if she had just gotten the best gift. "I am honored, Princess!"

Muffin was so happy to have Princess Ruri's attention! This way, she would have a strong backer and it would be guaranteed that she would be chosen as the concubine! After all, she was the most beautiful candidate, and moreover, Minister Shortbread was her uncle!

"Cotton."

A male servant dressed in all black stepped forward at the call of his name. "Princess."

"Tell Minister Shortbread that his niece, Muffin, lacks tolerance and wisdom. She is unsuited to be an addition to any noble family in Voltaire Empire."

"Yes Princess, as you command." As soon as he said that, Cotton immediately disappeared.

Muffin's face first turned pale before it then turned red. "What right do you have to do that?!"

Princess Ruri proudly puffed out her chest. "I am the princess."

...How dominating! But that rude girl deserves it!

"You are just a princess in name only!" Muffin stood up and sneered uglily. "Just because your parents are the King and Queen, do you think you are so great?"

Is this what people mean by 'pot calling kettle black?'

"Just a princess in name only?" Princess Ruri smiled dangerously. "Silk!"

"Yes, princess?" Another male servant dressed in all black stepped forward.

"Tell Minister Shortbread that his niece Muffin does not need to step a foot outside of her house. I'm worried that she'll embarrass his name!"

"Yes, Princess!" Silk disappeared in the same way as the previous servant did.

How many formidable male servants did this princess have?

"How dare you!" Muffin charged at Princess Ruri with a crazed expression.

Rozenbach expected that the princess' servants would jump in front of her as a shield. However, the servants did not make any move at all.