Chapter 8

Story By: Choco Lily

Story Assistant: Rozenbach

Editor: Draygan

** Disclaimer **
The characters in this novel are a work of fiction and are not based on real people other than their names!

Chapter 8

Leading Rozenbach and Tea Cake out of the tent, Timebun planned to bring them to the gathering location for the candidates, when Tea Cake suddenly stopped walking. Rozenbach, who had gotten used to having Tea Cake as his little tail, almost immediately noticed her absence.

"Tea Cake?" Rozenbach turned back to look at Tea Cake, who was currently standing still with closed eyes and her cat ears visible on top of her head. The cat ears twitched as she appeared in deep concentration. He could not help but sigh in adoration, the cat ears were just too cute!

Rozenbach was a pet lover. Although he loved dogs the most, cats were his second best choice. He loved rubbing their smooth and silky pelts as they lazed about under the sun.

"Mistress! Royal Chef! I heard someone calling us!" Tea Cake opened her eyes and then started jumping up and down with excitement.

"What did you hear?" Timebun asked.

"It's the Imperial doctor! She's trying to get Miss Rozie's attention but she's too far away. Over there!" Tea Cake pointed at one of the audience tents right at the end. Rozenbach squinted his eyes and barely managed to spot a white figure, waving frantically, trying to get their attention. He could not help but once again feel amazed at the enhanced physical abilities of demihumans.

"Then you should go and see what Grace wants. I need to go and see if my staff has managed to handle the food properly. Beauty, just ask Grace to point out where you're supposed to go later. I'm rooting for you Miss Rozie!" Timebun chuckled as she walked off smiling.

"Got it..." Rozenbach replied listlessly. But can you stop calling me beauty?

Tea Cake excitedly dragged her master towards Grace. It was fortunate that high heels did not seem to be invented in this world or Rozenbach's calves would be hurting like nobody's business!

"So you could hear me after all Tea Cake! I was so worried that you couldn't hear me!" Upon their arrival, Grace greeted the energetic Tea Cake and the exhausted Rozenbach, who was leaning against a tree in order to catch his breath.

Why was this body of his so weak?!

"Imperial doctor called my name, that's was why I was able to hear you!"

"Good kitty!" Grace reached over and rubbed Tea Cake's black ears as it twitched back and forth.

Tea Cake wriggled her body and squealed, "Ahahahaha! Please don't, I'm ticklish! Ahahahaha~!"

Meanwhile, Rozenbach looked at this adorable scene with envious eyes. He wanted to touch those ears so badly! Sneaking up on his wriggling maidservant, he timidly extended a hand towards her twitching ears...

"Miss Rozie~ An educated lady such as yourself shouldn't be seen playing with a maid's ears, think about what everyone would say!"

Before his fingers even managed to get within an inch of those fluffy ears, he had been intercepted with a rebuke and a disarming smile from Grace. Rozenbach had wanted to say something in protest, but his courage soon withered upon seeing the seemingly nice doctor mouth the words, "Expose. Family. Execution."

...She's the devil... this one...! Rozenbach inwardly screamed.

"Doctor, why did you call us over?" Rozenbach asked in an attempt to switch the topic, feeling jealous that he did not get to touch Tea Cake's cute ears!