Chapter One

December 31st, 2011. I was finally going to be a teenager. I was also about to get my FIRST kiss. Excitement was buzzing through my bones. My parents decided to let me have my first boy girl party, since they were also having a party for the New Year approaching. Kids stayed downstairs, while the adults had the upstairs.
   I invited over a few friends from school, as well as Anthony, Jake, and Chance. Jake and Chance started to accept me into the 'trio' since I was always around Anthony. It was normally the four of us always together now a days.
   "So birthday girl, what would you like to do," asks my best friend Jacey. Everyone was either playing video games or enjoying some snacks. It would be hard to really get a group activity going since it was kind of a diverse group. I always tried being friends with everyone. I didn't have a specific group of people I hung out with all the time. I just shared the love with everyone. I shrugged my shoulders in response to Jacey and walked over to the trio.
   "Em, you know what we should do," Jake said mischievously. I gave him a shy smile, whenever Jake had an idea, it was never great. "We should play truth or dare."
   It didn't sound like such a bad idea after all since I think everyone around has an experience with it. "That's actually a decent idea J," I said giggling. Jake fakes a hurt expression.
   "You mean, all my ideas aren't good," we both laughed. Jake yelled out to the group the new activity we were going to pursue. He got everyone to form a circle as we sat cross-cross on the floor. "Who wants to go first," Jake asks.
Of course Jacey was first to raise her hand. I was a little embarrassed because we weren't in school, I didn't know WHY she had to raise her hand. I was internally facepalming, Anthony must've saw my facial expression because he just chuckled.
"Truth or dare Chance," Jacey said. I wasn't surprised that's who she chose. She has a huge crush on him since I introduced her.
"I ain't scared, dare," Chance challenged. He was definitely a wild soul.
Jacey was taken by surprise, she must've wanted him to choose truth. Probably to ask him who his crush is. I was kind of glad he didn't choose truth because his answer wouldn't have been the one Jacey wanted to hear. "Uhm, okay. I dare you to... go lick the toilet seat." I was a little surprised she thought of such a gross dare. I glanced at Chance to see how he felt. He wasn't phased by the challenge.
"Easy." Chance got up from the circle and walked to the bathroom. Jake and Anthony got up running after him which made everyone else follow suit. He did it. He actually did. I couldn't believe Chance would follow through with such a gross dare. The trio all smacked each other on the back and exclaiming, "that's my boy." Which just made me laugh.
After a little while of going around the circle the clock was about to strike midnight. Oddly enough I was born on 11:59 pm, so that's usually when I would blow out the candles on whatever dessert my parents made. This year was going to be different, I could just sense it. Plus candles are too pre-teen.
"Anthony, truth or dare," Jake asks with a cheesy grin.
"You know I'm all about them dares bro," Anthony responded. I was excited, Anthony hasn't done a dare all night, Jake usually gives the wildest ones too. Anthony didn't look nervous at all though, he looked as if he was ready to accept any challenge thrown his way.
"I dare you to..." Jake thought for a minute, "to kiss Emmerson." Oh my god. This is not happening. Suddenly I was slightly shaking with nervous. This was going to be my first kiss. I don't even know how to kiss. Why'd Jake have to choose right now. He couldn't have waited to give me this date until I had some experience.
Anthony slowly got up from his spot, making his way to me. Jacey and Ethan who were sitting next to me moved outward to make room. Anthony took a seat next to me. I slowly moved my head to glance around the room, everyone's eyes were on us. Especially Jake, Jacey, and Chance. I looked over at the tv to see the ball was being to drop in Central Park. Anthony slowly began to lean in, I mocked his movements, trying to use the moves I've seen on tv. Anthony places his hand against my cheek and softly said, "You ready Em."
In a matter of milliseconds our lips met. The kiss was soft and gentle, I didn't really want it to end. I heard all my friends starting to count down from ten. Ten...
nine...
eight...
Anthony pulled away and gave me a little grin.
"Em, here's this for good luck," he said right before reuniting our lips.
Four...
Three...
Two...
One...
Anthony pulled away right as the clock struck 12:00 am.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR," Everyone around me shouted as they popped the party poppers. They all went around giving high-fives or little hugs. I had to have the biggest smile spread out on my face. Anthony wrapped his arm around my shoulder giving me a little side hug. I couldn't be happier with how my thirteenth birthday turned out. I didn't think my life could get any better than what it was in that moment.

———————————————————————
What'd you think of this first chapter? I promise only one more flashback chapter and then the real juicy stuff will come! xoxo