Prologue

"Hey T," I yelled out to the boy next-door. He gave me a gentle wave, and began walking towards me. I got a giddy feeling in my stomach, it was an odd feeling for any six year old.
   "Hi Em," Tony said shyly. We've been neighbors for as long as I've been alive, I never understood why he sounded so shy. Tony was a little bit older than me, we are two years and so many months apart. He never lets me forget that he's older, which stinks because it's his excuse for everything.
   "Do you want to come to the treehouse with me," I asked fluttering my eyelashes. I saw it on tv and it seemed to make guys go weak. They always gave in to the eyelash flutters. Tony was no different since he agreed to come with me.
   The treehouse was a safe haven in our neighborhood. It was a hide-out for every kid. Especially Tony, my brothers, and I. We were the ones that lived closest to it. It's where all the best memories I have were created. The countless sleepovers were my favorite. It was so innocent and sweet.
   Anthony and I were extremely close for being neighbors. It primarily worked well because our parents were so close, as well as my brothers kinda being either a little too old or young for Tony to hang out with. We would always try to include ourselves in whatever my older brothers were doing. Most times they would give us the boot and we'd have to do our own thing.
   "What do you want to do up here," Tony asks. I shrugged my shoulders in response. I hadn't really thought that far. "Wanna play Life or Uno or something?"
   "Let's play Life! I always beat you," I cheered. I grabbed the box and began pulling everything  out that we'd need, Tony started putting all the buildings into place. Our hands softly met as we were reaching for the same piece in the box. I could've sworn I felt a bolt of electricity flow through my skin. It sent a shiver down my spine. I glance up at Anthony and see that his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.
   We began playing and both decided we wanted to go the college route. It was the only way you could be the doctor and get the highest paying salary! Luckily enough, most times I get that salary. Tony beat me to choosing a career which made me a little nervous. I didn't want him to be able to get MY career and salary. I fanned out the cards for him to choose from, I made him close his eyes, he reached his hand out and selected a card that was right in the middle.
Anthony ended up with the entertainer career, with a salary of $20,000. As always, I ended up with the doctor and the $100,000 salary. We reached the point of where it's time to get married.
"Tony, what's your wife's name," I ask shyly. I tried my best not to blush but I don't think it was working well when I felt my cheeks heat up.
I glance at Tony and see he's blushing. He kind of sat there for a minute before answering. "Uhm, I don't know...I guess whoever likes me when I'm older."
I wasn't necessarily satisfied with that answer but I wasn't going to ask a lot of questions over it. It was my turn for the marriage, but Tony didn't ask me the same question that I asked him. I was a little disappointed, but at the same time I don't know what I would've said. At this moment the only boy I wanted to marry was Tony.
   "I don't have money for a house, a car, and three kids," Tony exclaimed frustrated. We weren't even half way through the game and Tony already has three kids. I gave a little giggle because I was getting out like highway robbery, I didn't have any kids AND had one of the cheaper houses.
   "If you had to choose names for them, what would you name your kids," I asked curiously. I was always looking for new names to give my dolls.
   "Uhm... Well I guess for the boy I'd name him Anthony like my dad. Since I have two girls I kind of like Emery and Avery, I guess." I nodded my head in response. I knew for a boy he'd probably choose Anthony since it was kind of a family name.
   As the game slowly began to end, I grew excited. I knew there was no way that Anthony could win. He barely had any money, it seemed like he hit almost EVERY bad space there was on the board. He was extremely frustrated because he never liked to lose.
   "Well Tony, I guess we don't need to add up our money bec—" I was cut off by my mom before I finished.
   "Tony, Em come on down from there it's about to be dark and you guys haven't eaten dinner yet," my mom called.
   With that Tony and I were quickly picking up the game. We sprinted out of the treehouse, excited to finally eat some dinner.

———————————————————————— so this is kinda like a little recap introducing the relationship between Tony and Emmerson. It will get juicy-ish soon enough. Let me know what you guys think!