78: meet the parents / jinmin [🎄]

En başından başla

"how about you?" jimin asks, looking up at seokjin as he takes the glass in hand.

"everything went marvelously. xiaojun, my newest employee, he killed it today. we had that food critic, ms yang, come in today, and he handled it perfectly," seokjin smiles. jimin loves seeing him talk about his job. "the moussaka's nearly ready, by the way."

"lovely." jimin sips on his wine while seokjin takes his phone from the counter and hooks it up to the bluetooth speaker jeongguk gifted jimin on his birthday, finding a christmas playlist on spotify, going ahead and plugging in their fairylights whilst he's in the festive mood.

red, gold and green fairylights are strung on all the shelves in the kitchen, whilst blue and silver ones glow on their five foot christmas tree (jimin refused to buy anything that could be taller than him), and a large string of softly twinkling gold stars hang over their window, giving the apartment a cozy winter vibe. jimin smiles as SHINee's cover of last christmas begins to play, filling his heart with nostalgia and love. seokjin hums gently, opening the oven with mitts on, his black hair pushed back on his forehead. the kitchen is flooded with a gorgeous smell, jimin inhaling deeply.

"it's done," seokjin announces, taking out the steaming dish. vegetarian moussaka, with greek fetta cheese layered over courgette and aubergine (lol for any americans this is zucchini and eggplant sorry for my britishness), jimin's mouth watering at the sight. being a vegetarian couple, he and seokjin adore things like this, and seokjin just adores food in general.

it's eaten quickly, warm and heavy in their stomachs, two more cups of white wine as an accompaniment. meals are silent, only noises of appreciation being made, while bastard barks impatiently for his dish. jimin feeds him his kibble once they're finished eating, and seokjin dims the lights and turns on the tv, the latest episode of riverdale loaded up.

jimin settles into seokjin's strong arms on their olive green sofa, and bastard rests between the gaps of their legs, his grandpa-like face calming as he dozes off. archie and jughead are engrossed in conversation onscreen when seokjin calls for jimin's attention, the shorter looking up with a hum of questioning.

"one sec," seokjin pauses the tv, before looking back at jimin. "so, holidays are in a week, huh?"

"yeah," jimin smiles. "can't wait for the time off."

"well, my parents called," seokjin says, and jimin's eyebrows raise, because albeit living with seokjin, he's only met his mum briefly on skype. "they wanna meet you, chim, and i don't wanna hold it off anymore."

"no, no, neither do i!" jimin says, grinning. seokjin met his parents during last year's summer, when they all went on a vacation to malta, along with jimin's siblings, and seokjin got along pretty well with them, considering the fact that mr and ms park never really liked that jimin was gay. jimin's dying to meet seokjin's parents, but he wanted to wait until seokjin was ready.

"yeah, they want us to go there on the 19th, and stay till new years," seokjin explains, drawing patterns on jimin's arms. "we can bring bastard with us, 'cause they've got dogs. my parents live in the country, did i tell you that?"

"yeah, in jeju, right?" jimin says, and seokjin nods. "wow, seokie, i can't wait to meet them!"

seokjin grins and pulls jimin in for a soft lipped, white-wine-and-lipbalm kiss, both of them smiling contentedly. seokjin plays with jimin's hair as he thinks over what will happen in a week and a half when jimin meets his parents. well, his mums.

🎄🎄🎄

"SO, I GET THAT YOUR PARENTS LIVE IN THE COUNTRY, but are they, like... hippies?"