Chapter 4

I'm sorry that I haven't posted any chapters on any of my books for a really long time. Especially Is Bad the Same as Good? The chapters in that book are really long and take time. I'm back from my vacation and am gonna be posting chapters daily from now on. I'm also having trouble with inspiration on this book. Again, I'm terribly sorry for the wait.

MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS THOUGH!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! lol, I'm so fking late for everything.

Chapter 4 ~ Griffin

Everyone was dismissed from school today and we all left still in shock from what had happened. 

As I walk home in silence, I hear quiet footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Rosalie.

"Hey," I say, releasing a puff of breath into the chilly air.

"Hey," She says quietly.

"I just wanted to say thank you for helping me back there." She sighs.

"It was nothing," I say looking down at my feet.

"Do you want-" She started.

"Look," I turn around, "I know I helped you during the earthquake when you had a panic attack. But, I don't like you...I'm sorry. I'm just not looking for a girlfriend right now." I huff.

"Okay," A tear falls from her face, "I understand." She sniffs.

"I'm sorry-" I say.

"It's okay, I get it." She sniffs again and turns around to walk home.

"Jesus Christ," I sigh and just quickly walk home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I get home, I rush upstairs and flop onto my bed. I feel more shaking again. I sit up and look out the window, there were six tornadoes heading towards the neighborhood.

"Mom!" I ran out of my room and ran down the marble steps to the living room.

"Griffin?" She asks as I run up to her. "What's wrong?" 

"There are," I pull up my fingers, "Six, SIX! Tornadoes outside of the neighborhood." 

"What?" She laughs. "Honey, we all just went through a really bad earthquake and are recovering. Did you hit your head or something?" She smooths my hair on the side of my head.

"No!" I push her hand away. "Look outside!" I point to the tall windows.

"Okay, okay." She gets up and looks out the window. "Oh my god," she gasps and grabs my arm.

"I told you!" I say.

We rush downstairs to the basement and take shelter. Why is this happening?! I can't take it! This just isn't right! I take a deep breath and rush up the stairs and right out the door.

"Griffin?!" My mom screams up the stairs after me.

"I'll be back!" I scream back.

"Griffin! Stop! COME BACK!" She screams and her voice cracks.

I run out of the house and I run as far away from this as possible. I know this is a dumb idea but in my head, I just thought that I could run away from this and it would be okay, or that someone would pinch me and I'd wake up from this awful nightmare. I know it is selfish to leave my mom behind, I just can't help it! I'm stubborn like that! 

I run 

and run

and run till I feel like my lungs are going to collapse. At some point, I had tripped over a broken tree branch and cut myself, I don't care.

"Hey boy!" Someone shouted.

I looked over to the voice and it was an old man looking over at me. I groaned and just ignored him.

"Get inside the house!" He continued to yell.

"Please stop!" I yelled at him which had him shocked for a second. 

"Stop being so stubborn and get inside the house!"

"You're so stubborn and a stupid worthless piece of shit!" He kicked me to the ground.

"I'm trying!" I cried, my eyes swollen from the tears.

"You're such a disappointment! You were a mistake!"  He kicked me again and grabbed me by the neck.

I wailed and squeezed my eyes shut preparing for the impact.

"SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BASTARD!" He threw me to the ground.

"Mommy! HELP ME!" I cried balling my eyes out.

"GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"  He yelled in my ear.

"David?" My mom's sudden voice made me look up and run to her. "What did you do?!" She looked at my face.

"HE'S A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!"  He yelled at my mom.

"David stop! David, no! PLEASE!" Then my mom screamed for her life.

♥AUTHOR'S NOTE♥

Dear Readers,

I know this was a short chapter...at least I think it is. But, I just wanted to keep the suspense at the end. So, I hope you don't hate me for making it a short chapter and for not publishing new chapters in a long time. Please continue to read my books because I will now make sure to publish daily!

QOTD: What do you think happened in Griffin's past?

P.S. Please also vote for each chapter to keep giving me the motivation to keep writing! Love y'all ❤

Sincerely, 

Kaitlyn Ng ♥