"Oh, speaking of James, here he comes." Emma announced, smiling at somebody behind me. "Hey kitty girl!" I heard James say, towards Emma & I turned around to look at him. James just shot me a smile & continued talking to Emma. I was about to say something but then James started making gestures with his hands as he spoke, causing the collar of his shirt to dip down slightly & expose what looked like a hickey. My stomach flipped for some reason & my eyes widened.

Fuck, now I remember last night. It all came flooding back as I stood there shocked.

***

James laughed as he downed another shot effortlessly, already on his twelfth after we had ordered more to continue our question game. I was ashamed to say that I myself, was on my sixteenth. The lights in the club seemed blurry & the blaring music that flooded the room was piercing through my eardrums in a good way. "My turnnnn." James sang out & I laughed loudly, not knowing why. "Okay uhh....are you really straight or is that just what you want everyone to think?" He slurred & I made a scrunched up face as I thought about my answer. "I'm about as straight as the ramen noodles we were served at lunch today. So e-uh..no." I answered honestly, not even knowing what I was saying. Normally I would never expose myself like this, but I haven't been this drunk in awhile & it was really affecting me. James laughed & hiccuped, then reminding me it was my turn. I burped & blew it into James' pretty face before asking my question. Wait-wha...did I just mentally call James pretty? I laughed at myself. "At the uh-volleyball? No. Football? Yeah-uhm...at the football game did you enjoy having to put my phone in my ass pocket?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows in a childish way & then laughing at myself again, almost falling off the stool I sat upon. James grinned. "Mmm...maybe." He responded & winked at me, making my stomach do a flip for no reason. The fuck? Why did that wink affect me? I shrugged at myself, my eyes traveling around the club. I snapped my gaze back in front of me, remembering that it was James' turn but to my surprise, he was extremely close to me now. James was leaning forward on his stool & our knees were now touching. He grinned at me. "Have you-uh...ever kissy-kissed a boy?" James slurred childishly & I laughed. "Nope." I said, popping the 'p'. I opened my mouth to ask a question, considering it was my turn but then lips were suddenly smashed against mine & as drunk as I was, I went with it. I melted into the kiss, tasting the alcohol on James' lips as he bit down gently on my bottom lip. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss & moved so that he was sitting on my lap, straddling me as we continued to make out. He broke his lips away from me for a second, catching his breath as I placed kisses onto his jaw & moved my head down into his neck. I sucked lightly on the skin there, before using one hand to tug down the collar of his shirt slightly. I attached my lips to his collarbone & sucked harshly, surely causing a mark. Above me I felt as James tilted his head back to give me more room. He let out a small noise of pleasure when I found his sweet spot at the base of his neck, biting down lightly on the tender skin before hands tangled in my hair & forced my head back up only to press my lips harshly against theirs again. I complied & moved my hands to the small of his back, pressing our bodies closer together. The loud music around us & the lights shining through our closed eyelids seemed like a distant thing as we continued to make out.

***

"Grayson!" Somebody yelled, snapping me out of the flashback & I shook my head as I looked in front of me. It was James who had called my name. He reached his hand out to touch my shoulder. "Are you oka-" James began but I cut him off by flinching away from his outreached hand. I shook my head again. No. I'm not gay-I...there's no way I made out with-wha...I..if my secret gets out then-ugh I fuck! I'm not fucking gay! I looked at James who had a hurt expression written all over his face from how I flinched away from him. I found myself not caring in that moment. "Gray?" Emma questioned quietly & I glanced at her before doing the only thing I could possibly think of in that moment. I turned around & ran as fast as I could, making a beeline for my first class. Thankfully, none of my friends had first period with me.