twenty seven - lies

“Oh my god, what are you doing here?” Michael asks the moment he sees me saunter into the lobby of the hotel I knew they were staying in. I had just arrived from the airport and headed straight to their hotel. He pushes me against the wall, away from any fans that can see us and I let out a little yelp.

“Good to see you too, mate.” His grip on my waist tightens and I can feel his nails digging into my flesh.

“Seriously, why aren’t you at school?” He almost looks scared to see me.

“I’m already ahead on my assignments, so I thought I’d surprise you guys.” I say like it’s the most obvious thing in the world, because it is. I told Michael I was thinking of coming and even explained why. Good to know he keeps up with our conversations...

“Well I’m certainly surprised.” He scoffs.

“I don’t know what your deal is, but you don’t need to talk to me. I thought you’d be grateful to have me here, but just stay out of my way, I guess?”

“Deal.”

“Don’t tell Ashton I’m here.”

“Oh I don’t think he’ll be too concerned!” He says, waltzing out of the lobby leaving me very confused.

-

I didn’t know where to start or how I was going to surprise Ashton considering I had no idea where his room was and clearly Michael wasn’t going to help me. I walk around the hallways for a bit, trying to avoid any of the staff in the building in case they throw me out for being a crazed fan.

Just as I round the 24th corner I’ve been through, I notice a large blonde quiff disappear and a half naked boy chasing after him.

Of course.

I follow the screams and find Luke and Calum in a fit of laughs heading into the elevator. I slip in after them, but they don’t even notice me. They’re too caught up in whatever it was they thought was funny to notice me, and it’s not like I was hard to miss.

I let out a little cough to try to catch one of their glances, and I’m in luck when Luke looks behind him, and then takes a second look. He freezes when he sees me, and both of them stop laughing.

“Hi…”

“What are you doing here?”

“Clearly no one wants to see me, what’s up?” I say unamused.

“Nothing.” They both mutter.

“Alright somethings going on, and I’m gonna find out. Where’s Ashton.”

“Pfft, he’s not going to tell you anything. He’s ‘busy’.” Luke scoffs, adding quotations marks to be sarcasm.

“Tell me where he is, and I won’t bother you.”

“He’s at some club downtown, but I wouldn’t go, because you may not find what you want.” Luke says as the elevator dings and he steps out, leaving Calum and I as we descend towards the ground and then to the club.

-

I followed Ashton to the club that night, thankful for Luke’s advice. I trusted Ashton, of course I did. Luke said if I went I’d find something that I didn’t like, but I didn’t believe Ashton would do anything like that. I planned to surprise him, but I suppose whatever way this goes he’ll be surprised.

I managed to beg Calum to come with me to the club because I needed a ride there, and I had missed getting to spend time with him. We definitely weren’t the closest out of the 4 of them, but I still considered him one of my best friends.