Shirtsleeves

Title : Shirtsleeves
Pairing : Hyuckmin (Donghyuck x Jaemin)
▶️ Guest star : ...

"I tried to cry but I'm-
I'm drowning in the oceans you made"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

The rain had just poured down that afternoon, sending Donghyuck into a whole good mood. He opened the windows and turned off the television, letting the sound of the droplets filled the house. His mind immediately went to one of his housemates that had gone to the nearby supermarket to buy some supplies. Their refrigerator was almost empty.

Might as well cook some soup for the hyungs. Donghyuck thought to himself and made his way to the kitchen on the ground floor.

It had been a year since Donghyuck moved to this house. The owners were one of his housemates' parents, Doyoung's parents, to be precise. Donghyuck knew the bunny-like senior from the choir club at the university. After Donghyuck broke up with his boyfriend and moved out of their apartment, Doyoung invited him to live together.

There were six people who lived in that house, and most of them woke up really late on a Sunday like this. Donghyuck piled some ingredients on the kitchen counter to cook for dinner. He thought some pho and herb dumplings would be wonderful.

Donghyuck started by whisking together some flour, salt, eggs, and some diced sea food products they had which were prawns and crabsticks. He also put some herbs, parsley and thyme. He grab a spoonful and wrapped it inside a wonton pastry. Donghyuck repeated this while listening to the sound of the rain.

The doorbell rang, startling him for a few moments. Thankfully, he finished all his dumplings. Donghyuck washed his hands before he opened the door.

"Tae-oh." Donghyuck's smile dropped as soon as he recognized the person on their porch. Wearing a yellow raincoat and holding a plastic of apples was Na Jaemin.

Donghyuck's ex-boyfriend.

"Hi. I'm sorry but may I come in? The rain is pouring harder than before." Jaemin sent him an apologetic smile.

Being a nice guy, Donghyuck let him in. As Jaemin took off his drenched raincoat and hung it near the door, Donghyuck texted his hyung to come home from the supermarket. He also informed his housemates via their group chat that he had a guest over. His ex.

"How are you, Hyuck?" Jaemin asked, eyes roaming around the living room. "This is a nice place."

"I'm grand. Thank you, you should say that to Doyoung-hyung. His parents own this house." Donghyuck replied and walked back to the kitchen. Jaemin followed him and sat on a stool near the door to the backyard.

"They have backyard too? Awesome." Jaemin whistled. "How long have you been with this Doyoung?"

Donghyuck paused his hand from dropping the dumpling into the heated oil in the frying pan. "We don't date."

"Fuck, you mean, you're still single?"

"Unlike you."

The conversation died down. Donghyuck started to make the broth for pho by cutting some onions and gingers, then putting them all inside a large pot. He also chucked in some star anises, cloves, corrianders and other herbs inside. Donghyuck put the pot on another stove and carefully stirred them, dry-roasting the herbs.