xi. A kiss and I will surrender

It was a hard month for Jamia. Without Lindsey, she just curled up on her bed, feeling as depressed as ever. She never really thought about anything other than Lindsey. After all, Lindsey was her creator and her lover. She was like that, from November 14th. Occasionally, she'd go to the couch, watch a movie, but mostly, she's on the bed – lonely. With her phone in her hands and her laptop on her night stand, she entertained herself while her creator was away.

Rolling on the bed, the vampire boredly watched the movie playing. Sure, Love, Simon was a good movie. Great, even. But to her, everything was boring without her lover. With vampires, this was usual. If they were claimed and after that left alone for couple of days, or weeks, the vampire that has been claimed would experience depression and loneliness, more than any werewolves in heat or any humans that need attention. They craved for attention of their mate's.

In Jamia's case, it wasn't much different. She did crave her. But she was also a freshly turned vampire, and she couldn't control her senses yet so everything was multiplied. Everything. It was so annoying. Any pain she felt would be so hard, especially if fangs bit into her. It was so difficult. But she didn't mind going through all of that if she had Lindsey. And so, she watched the movie, sighing for the thousandth time that day, trying to focus on the movie. It was funny, trying to focus whike evidently missing her creator and lover.

Jamia turned and tossed on the bed, groaning. At one point, she rolled off the bed, pulling the covers with her. But she didn't care. As she laid there, she heard her phone ring. Once, twice. But she laid there, too lazy to get up, and not wanting to see who is calling her. She just needed her mate. She needed Lindsey. But at the fourth time it rang, she picked it up bitterly, answered and glared at the wall. Who dare disturb her? "What do you want?" to which she got a chuckle in reply.

Her eyes went wide, and she jumped, immediately recognizing the voice, smiling brightly. Then, she regretted the bitterr tone she used. She coughed awkwardly, stuttering out. "I-I – sorry! I didn't know it was you! Li-Lind- Lyn-Z! Sorry." she let out a breath, then heard the other vampire laugh and Jamia couldn't but smile. Lindsey's laugh was amazing.

"Are you okay, babygirl? I'm coming home soon. I promise. Do you miss me?" she heard over the phone. This made her giggle, and nod. But then she remembered that Lindsey wasn't in the room with her to see her nod. So she quickly composed herself, smiled and sighed happily. "O-of course! All of that is an of couse." she muttered, laughing. "God, I miss you. Frank tried to keep me company, along with Gerard, but damnit, I miss you." she decided to reply with honesty.

Lindseh chuckled, shaking her head. In her car, she could see Jamia smile from their bedroom window. Grinning, she came up with a plan. She couldn't wait to see her babygirl. "Open the door for me, baby." she said, then hung up, knowing that she would follow her order no matter what. She loved her baby so much, she couldn't wait to see her. Smiling, she got out the car and sped to the door. They quickly opened, revealing a confused, surprised and happy Jamia. They both grinned.

And then, they kissed. After some time, Lindsey looked up. She snorted, arching a brow at Jamia, who giggled innocently. A mistletoe hung up above them.

"Merry Christmas, Jamia."