iii. Let it snow

As soon as snow fell, Mikey began to be anxious. Mostly because that meant no school. And no school meant no Ray. And he hated being without Ray. He loved being with the older man, he always had that vibe of comfort around him, and he couldn't resist him. And right now, he was watching saddly through the window. Snow fell, no Ray and it was cold. Three worst combinations ever. But at least he had coffee his older brother had made him. Speaking of Gerard, he could ask him to bring Ray over but then it would be obvious for Mikey to have a crush on his brother's best friend. He really was in a situation he didn't want to be in. Sighing, he put the coffee away and went to his bedroom.

Unknowingly to his, Gerard already made plans to hang out with Ray. And he somehow did notice the fat crush his brother seemed to have on his best friend. If anything, this was a chance for him to go out with Frank and get some Starbucks.

"Are you sure about this?" Frank's voice came from the other side of the phone. Normally, the teen wouldn't care if he was doing something like this, but Mikey was his best friend and Ray may be his friend but he is stll worried about his best friend. Gerard sighed, the nodded. "Yeah, I am. Get ready in ten." he said, then hung up.

About five minutes after this, Ray came around, true to his promise because he genuinely didn't know that his own best friend was making a plan to set him up with his brother. Not that the curly haired man wouldn't mind, he would get to hang out with Mikey. He smiled as he saw Gerard, then looked at him. "You needed me?" he asked, arching a brow and crossing his arms, expecting an answer out of the older teen.

"Can you keep Mikey company? I have some things to do and I can't leave him home alone." he muttered, looking hopefully at his best friend. Ray let out a small sigh, then smiled at him with a nod. He was ready for this and everyone knew it. No need to deny it. "Sure, whatever." but it wasn't whatever to him.

They went to Mikey's room and Mikey basically became the Christmas tree when he was him. Gerard chuckled, leaving to meet up with Frank. Mikey shifted on his bed, then looked at his crush, blushing.

He saw Ray move, to sit besides him, only for them to start talking. He was happy, for once, and Ray couldn't deny that seeing Mikey happy didn't warm his heart. It was something so rare, because as of lately, Mikey seemed to be depressed almost all the time. He hated seeing him like that, it was painful because he loved the man too much. All he wished to do was to hug him and give him all the love he deserves.

Some time had passed, and they were making tea because of the cold weather outside. None of them questioned where Frank and Gerard were, due to the two always disappearing somewhere. Both teens were quite happy to be around each other. Right now, Mikey was snuggled against Ray, but he didn't mind. He was smiling.

Ray kissed Mikey's forehead and smiled. "I love you." he muttered, nuzzling him. Mikey smiled, shooting up. "I love you too."

Perhaps, snow days aren't that bad.