Day 9 • Playing Christmas Music

Janis wakes up to a violin blasting through the house to the tune of 'The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy', already knowing Cady has started playing Lindsey Stirling's Christmas album.

She throws on the silky black robe, lazily sliding her bunny slippers on and walks downstairs, pulling her hair to one side.

Cady is, indeed, freestyle dancing to this partially-aggressive ballet song, which is incredibly funny to watch. She leans on the wall by the staircase, a smile on her face as she walks over to the kitchen, digging through the cabinets and pulling out a bag of crackers, ripping it open and stuffing three into her mouth.

Janis muffles laugh, biting her lip at her girlfriend still dancing, nearly tripping twice. She shakes her head as the song ends and the cover of 'You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch' begins to play.

Cady turns to the stairs and nearly screams, diving under their coffee table by the couch and hiding. Janis straight-up snorts, breaking out into hysterical laughter as the music partially drowns it out.

"How long have you been there?" Cady screams over the music.

"Long enough!" Janis snorts, still cackling.

"That's really embarrassing!" Cady squeaks  as the song continues to play.

"Dance with me, you dork!" Janis laughs, pulling her up and spinning her, smiling widely.

Cady squeals as Janis lifts and dips her, spinning her expertly from her years of doing ballet.

Cady now considered signing up for ballroom dance classes.

Since normal Christmas music was getting boring, Janis blasted a 10 hour loop of 'Heavy Metal Carol of the Bells', making Cady run upstairs for thirty minutes until she turned it off

She started it again after she came back down.

Cady makes Janis return to regular Christmas music and shortly turns Lindsey Stirling back on, now peacefully reading a book on their sofa seat.

Janis brings two hot cups of tea over, putting them on the small coffee table beside it and sitting down next to Cady, pressing a kiss to her cheek as 'Angels  We Have Heard on High' plays, setting a peaceful mood, something they could treasure every day.

And they would.

Except Christmas doesn't last all year long, which is a rather large disappointment.