Day 25 • Christmas

This is the last day of 25 days of Cadnis. Thank you so much to everyone who participated.

This is late but there's much fluff and cute Button.

Enjoy and merry late Christmas!

• • •

"Jan, wake up!"

"Cads, the sun isn't even up, what the hell?"

"It's Christmas!"

Janis feels a weight flop onto the bed next to her, turning around to face her girlfriend.

"I'll make waffles?" Cady offers.

"Yep, let's go."

"Open yours first, Jan," Cady says, smiling, gently stroking Button who was laying in her lap.

Janis pulls off the silver wrapping paper with Santa faces all over it, seeing a piece of black fabric in a plastic bag.

She finds the seal on the plastic bag, carefully pulling it off and pulling the shirt out of it.

Janis unfolds it, glancing at Cady who was smiling excitedly, bouncing gently.

Janis's face lights up, the words, 'Never the less, she persisted.' on it in bold white writing.

A silver necklace falls out of it, Janis picking it up.

She opens the heart at the end of the chain, her jaw dropping and her hand clamping over her mouth.

In it was a picture of Janis and Cady when they were in high school, their first kiss.

"What do you—" Janis launches herself onto Cady's lap, cupping both her cheeks with her callus-y hands, kissing her passionately.

Cady's hands move to Janis's hair, tangling them in her now-shoulder-length hair.

Janis pulls away, handing Cady's present to her.

Cady carefully pulls the wrapping paper away, looking at the flat, square item.

She nearly immediately bursts into tears, throwing her arms back around Janis.

In it was a picture of young Cady, standing next to a lion cub she named Absko.

The frame around it was painted carefully with white stars, making it look like a blue night sky.

Janis just hugs her for a while, Button now sitting in between them, panting happily.

Overall, they can both agree this is the best Christmas ever.