Day 11 • Getting the Christmas Tree

this is the shortest thing ever but I totally forgot about writing today and it's like 10:40 pm and I did this in like 15 mins so enjoy it????

• • •

Janis had woken about six hours ago, now sitting in the sofa seat in their living room, re-watching My Babysitters a Vampire for the 7th time when she hears it.

"Reeeeee!" There's a heavy weight on her which is followed by an oof.

"Caddie Marie Heron, what the actual fuck?" Janis yells, shoving her off gently.

"We need to get our Christmas tree!" Cady squeals, bouncing off the floor.

"You're fucking insane, you know that, right?"

"I am positive I know that."

"Go get the car started, I'll grab the Holiday money." Janis sighs, walking to their closet.

Later at their local Garden Shop, Cady excitedly opens the door to the car and jumps out, looking around, her eyes shining.

Janis turns the car off, hopping out and walking to Cady, shoving her hands in her pockets.

The sun was starting to go down, their ideal time to get the tree since there wasn't too many people and the place was beautiful when it was dark.

Cady launches herself forward and down the isles of Christmas trees, her eyes sparkling.

All of the trees are nearly symmetrical and plenty tall, the shortest being five foot and the tallest being at least seven.

Cady's eyes flick side to side as she walks down the isles, slowly moving to the more in-the-back area which is where they usually find their Christmas trees.

Immediately, her eyes spot one particular Christmas tree which is about 6'5 and the perfect shape. She runs towards it, her jaw hung open.

"It's beautiful." Cady says, her face nearly below a whisper.

"Not as beautiful as you, though." Janis says, smiling behind her. Cady turns around and dives into her arms.

"I want this one because you made a cheesy romance joke about it and it worked."

Well, that was easy.