Day 7 • Binging Christmas Movies

"Janis!" Cady squeals from downstairs. Janis sighs, about to go back to sleep from using the bathroom.

"Yes, sweet pea?" she calls back, throwing on her silky black robe and slipping her feet into her pink bunny slippers.

"Guess what day it is!" Janis can practically see Cady jumping up and down.

"Uhh... Friday?"

"Christmas-Movie-Binging Day, you big doof! And this day is perfect because we don't have to do anything tomorrow and sleep is for the weak!" Cady yells, making her voice deep and ogre-like at the last part.

"Coming!" Janis pulls her glasses off the bedside table, rubbing her eyes and then putting them on. She grabs a selection of her favorite stuffed animals (Yes, she has them, and no, she's not ashamed.) which consisted of a small, green Brachiosaurus plush, to which she named Bentley since she said 'He's a fancy dinosaur' and thought it was cute. The other one was a gray Triceratops with a tan underbelly, who she named Trixie. Somewhat obsessed with bunny's, she grabs her tiny bunny stuffed animal with a pink bow tied around its neck.

Janis cradles them in her arms, grabbing two fluffy blankets and silk-cases pillows, and runs downstairs, running to the couch and catapulting herself into Cady's arms.

Cady shrieks from the list she was looking at, nearly shoving Janis off but settles with playfully slapping her hand.

"Janis Heidi Sarkisian, are you trying to give me a heart-attack?!" Cady gasps, holding a hand to her chest.

"Nope! But you're warm." Janis says, wriggling further into her arms. Cady sighs, her heart melting at how cute her girlfriend is.

"Okay, so I wrote the movies down in order so we won't be deciding for two hours on which Christmas movie we'll watch. First on the list is animated The Grinch, the old one, not the new one, second is the live action one. Next is Miracle on 34th Street, next we can do..." Cady continues for about another minute, not going easy on how many Christmas movies they would watch. Janis listens patiently, already setting up the TV to play The Grinch.

"...and our finale will be The Nightmare Before Christmas!" Cady giggles, watching the movie start running as Janis runs back to the couch, setting up the pillows and blankets as they start
their movie.

About 3 hours later, in the middle of Miracle on 34th Street, Janis gets up to get popcorn and chocolate bars, well-knowing they might get diabetes from
all the candy they've been eating through the day, already planning on buying pizza later.

Now on Elf, about 4 hours later, Janis takes the pizza from the delivery girl's hands, paying and thanking her and taking another Lact-o pill without hesitation. She walks back to the couch, Cady smiling as she opens the box, regular, plain pizza radiative their shared favorite smell to ever exist.

Onto Santa Paws, Cady grabs a pack of tissues, already knowing Janis is gonna cry her eyes out. The Hershey's large chocolate bar is nearly gone and there's two slides of pizza left. It's five in the evening and they still have a long way to go. They'll be up a while after midnight.

Now about 6:30 in the evening, they finish Santa Paws and Janis is undeniably ugly-crying, a pile of tissues set beside her, a few attempted tries to throw them into the trash can lay on the floor, along with the pizza box and Hershey's wrapper.

Cady can clean it up later.

Now on the Santa Buds series, the sky is well past sunset and it's now pitch black outside, the moon shining bright in the shape of a fingernail. The wreck of pillows and blankets has now turned into a small roof as Janis and Cady lay on their stomachs, their heads rested in their hands and their legs intertwined. Cady had pulled the couch out to make it a bed sorta thing, the original plan being to lay back on the couch cushion and pillows like a normal bed but they got bored of the normal setup and changed it, now happily content with it being this way.

About ten o'clock, one or two movies away from their finale, they both get slightly tired but ignore it, taking multiple shots of coffee and dunking their heads in cold water, starting Home Alone, both determined to finish their marathon and they would.

At some point.

Finally finishing Home Alone, it's now about 11:45 and they'll be up until about 1:30 in the morning.

This should be fun.

Finishing Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, now around 12:30 in the morning, they finally start The Nightmare Before Christmas, both Cady and Janis obviously exhausted but determined to finish the finale, which they would because it's both of their favorite movies.

Right?

Nearly passed out. It's now 1:45 in the morning, which wasn't as early as they thought it would be, thinking the sun would've risen by now from how many they would've watched, so this was lucky for them.

Quite an eventful day, am I right?

The following morning, or evening, Janis wakes up and smells waffles, already out of bed, still in her robe from last night since she was physically too tired to take it off, hardly making it to bed in the long run. She snatched her glasses from off the table, running downstairs to see Cady making bacon and eggs as well. Janis smiles giddily, running over to her and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"I love you, Caddie."

"I love you too, Jan."

A day in paradise if you asked Janis.