Quattuor

Christmas Market

==============

"Life is short, time is fast. No replay, no rewind. 

So enjoy every moment as it comes."

~unknown

==============

Quattuor

Once inside the shop, Oscar immediately switched on the lights before rushing through to the staff room to switch off the alarm before it was set off. He then came back a moment later over to Effie who was standing in the doorway, taking off her coat and looking at it with dismay. There was a large brown stain on it, but luckily it wasn't too visible with the colour green it was.

"Come this way, there's a kitchen out back and we can give your coat a wash." Oscar said taking her hand and showing her the way to the kitchen. He flipped the lightswitch and the room was immediately lit up.

he took her coat in his hands and took it over to the clean sink, turning on the tap to the warm setting. 

Effie looked down at her top, unsure of what to do now that it was soaking wet and stained a brown colour. It wasn't as if she carried round a spare top everywhere she went, but maybe she would from now on- just as a precaution.

"Hopefully the stan won't be too visible in this coat." Oscar said momentarily turning round to face Effie as she stood behind him, watching. However, he did a double take and looked down at her chest area, a blush rising to his cheeks.

"What?" effie asked, slightly confused by his flustered state.

"Uh, your top..." oscar said trailing off before snapping his head back round and occupying with trying to get the stain out of her top (most of it had washed out now, luckily).

"I know it's soaked through... Oh..." Embarrassment blazed on her cheeks as she looked down at her top, her eyes widening when she noticed that the top had become see through revealing the dark red bra she was wearing. She swore under her breath and looked away from Oscar's back that was facing her. Scratching the back of her neck, she chuckled nervously. "Don't happen to have a spare t-shirt in this place, do you?"

It was supposed to be a rhetorical question, but Oscar's hands stopped moving as he cleaned her jacket. His head tilted so that she could see the corner of his eye and the dusting of pink on his cheek. "No, but you could use my hoodie as an extra layer..."

"What? No! You need it more than I do." Effie said, her cheeks growing redder by the second as she shook her head vigorously.

"Effie, you can't just wear a coat and scarf. You'll freeze to death, and besides," He said turning round, but instead of his eyes falling to her chest area, they remained on her own eyes, "I've got this denim jacket, my hoodie and a t-shirt underneath. I'll be fine." He said.

Effie's mouth opened and closed a few times but no words went past her lips. She was like a fish out of water. She watched as he shrugged of his black denim jacket and lifted his black hoodie over his head. Then, he thrusted it towards her and ther look of determination that sparkled in his eyes told Effie that he wouldn't take no as an answer.

"Okay..." Effie mumbled, not overly happy that he was doing this for her, yet a part of herself betrayed her, swooning at the thought of wearing a guy's hoodie. Nick never gave her his. 

Issy will flip when I tell her... She thought.

She looked at Oscar who was still looking at her face. She averted her eyes to the bottom right corner of her line of vision and mumbled: "Turn around so I can change."

Oscar did just that, immediately spinning on his heel and turning back to her jacket.

Effie placed the hoodie on the table next to her and lifted her t-shirt over her head, immediately being exposed to the cold and shivering slightly. As quickly as she could, she slipped the hoodie- his hoodie- over her head and was immediately engulfed with the warm, thick, cosy fabric along with the strong- almost swoon worthy- cologne that he wore.

Okay, she lied, it was definitely swoon worthy, and Effie found herself secretly sniffing it.

Nope, definitely not weird.

"You can turn back round..." Effie said looking at the back of Oscar whose shoulders had tensed slightly. He turned, holding her coat and Effie didn't miss the way his adam's apple bobbed up and down as he took in Effie's appearance.

"Thanks for not looking, by the way."

"No problem, it's just the right thing to do."

Effie's heart fluttered. Seemed like chivalry was not dead yet.

==============

Yup, still fangirling.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please make sure to vote, and tell me which is your favourite part so far! I love reading your comments and they make me so happy!

love, Night-Eye