You Got to Catch Up to......~

"How'd you get here so fast?"

"I was already on my way,"

Caroline knew that there was a reason why she was happy to see Klaus again. He had saved her yet again. Sure there were other people Klaus saved at the time but she knew he was there for her and her only. Caroline's 'relationship' with Klaus was always a complicated one. Well, she knows how Klaus feels but she wasn't too sure how she felt about him. She accepted him as a friend, sort of, but there have been times where she caught herself wondering if she wanted him to be more than her sort of friend. Whenever she had that thought, she would remember all the horrible things he has done to her, her friends, and Tyler.

"So I opted for something I knew you would accept.... Tyler is now free to return to Mystic Falls,"

"What?"

"He's your first love... I intend to be your last,"

When Klaus kissed her on the cheek and lingered for awhile, it had distracted her from the joy of Tyler returning. Klaus and Caroline left the school field and headed back to his house.

At the Mikaelson Manor, they had a few drinks and took that time to catch up. Although Klaus had gone away for a while, they had a lot to catch up on. Caroline had told him about Elena and how she got her emotions back. He had told her how captivating and magical New Orleans, leaving out the series of events that happened while he was there. When "December" by Nikki & Rich came on on the radio, Klaus had pulled Caroline up closer to him for a dance. They laughed, swayed, swung, and turned.

"So New Orleans really was that great?" Caroline asked.

"Yes, and more. I wasn't joking when I said I wanted to take you there,"

"I know but I don't think it'd be a great idea," 

"Maybe you're right. It wouldn't if all of my enemies were to use you to get to me," Klaus said, jokingly at first, to lighten the mood.

Caroline laughed and defended herself, saying she can take care of herself just fine.

"Speaking of using someone to get to someone, I have something to tell you," said Caroline.

Klaus raised his eyebrow, showing signs of amusement and wonderment.

"While you were gone and when I was helping Stefan and Damon to get Elena to flip her switch back on, something kind of weird happened. Silas tried to get me to find Bonnie but before that, he tried to get me to reveal stuff I didn't want to. You know, to get under my skin and he kind of did,"

Klaus stopped swaying and just held her hands. "What exactly did he say and do?"

"Well, he wasn't exactly Silas when he did what he did. You know what? Let's just forget I said anything and get back to some dancing," Caroline said, trying to get Klaus to dance again.

"What are you trying to say, Caroline? Silas wasn't Silas? If he wasn't Silas, how did he get under your skin? If I remember well, you are a strong woman, someone whose skin is not easily gotten under,"

"It's not that easy to say and I don't feel like talking about it anymore. I just graduated and all I want to do is just have some fun. Can we please just have some fun and take a break from all of our supernatural drama just this once?"

Klaus still didn't budge. "Now I really want to know. Just tell me what he did and we can go back to our fun night,"

"Fine! He was you," Caroline said, folding her arms.

"Okay, now I know you find me a bit much at times but really, you can tell me and I won't judge," said Klaus.

"That's just it, Klaus. He was you and I believed him. He was your 'charming', annoying self and he got to me. Did I feel stupid when I realized it was actually Silas and not you? Yea, I did. I felt even worse when I woke up with a dagger sticking out of me. Now you know so let's just get back to before I started talking about this please,"

"I didnt know it was that bad. I'm sorry, truly," Klaus said.

Caroline smiled a little and held both his hands.

"I think I should tell you something too. I know that Silas attacked you that night and what he did to your mother. I should have done something about it but I didn't and I am truly sorry," Klaus said, tightening his grip on her hands.

"What do you mean 'you know'? How? When?" Caroline asked, the intensity in the air increasing.

"Stefan called me two days after the incident," Klaus said, not looking into her eyes as he said it.

"Oh," was all Caroline could say as she took her hands away from his.

"Once I heard, I dropped whatever I was doing in New Orleans and came here as fast as I could. Believe me, I-" Klaus began to say before Caroline cut him off.

"Then, where were you? You said you rushed over here but why did I only see you today? You know what? Don't answer that. It shouldn't even matter to me. I didn't need you to save me or avenge me or anything. We are, at most, just friends, after all,"

"I see. I am sorry, Caroline," A dejected Klaus replied.

"Can you stop saying you're sorry? You have nothing to be sorry about. You're not my boyfriend nor will you ever be so just stop," Caroline regretted saying that the second it came out of her mouth.

"Klaus, I don't need you to save me,"

"I understand. I think the both of us have had enough to drink and I say it's about fair time we call it a night," Klaus said, sullenly.

"I agree," Caroline replied before she 'whooshed' away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

I managed to do over a 1000 words.

:D

Okay, I hope you enjoyed this. The first five "" was from the TVD episode (4x23, I think). I'll try to post the link of that scene on the side. Check it out! It's one of my favourite Klaroline scenes. :D

Do let me know what you think and I'll work on improving the next chapters. :)

Have a good day!