CHAPTER XXVII: THE MANTICORE DOESN'T FEEL SO GOOD..............(SORRY I HAD TO)

Grover's POV

Clint ran into the room the manticore gestured to, relief on his face. Okay, Clint's gonna get Laura to safety, and that's all that matters. Grover tried to look less afraid, but it wasn't working.

"Why so scared, satyr?" the manticore said, noting Grover's fear.

Grover decided to pull a Percy real quick and say, "Scared you aren't ready for a fight." It worked somewhat well. It didn't sound all that confident, but it made Grover feel a little more confident.

"Being brave, huh? We'll see how long that lasts," the manticore began to circle around Grover and Tyson. "You see, my Mistress, Gaea, said that if you two lived, it would wreak havoc on her. Naturally, I can't let that happen. So you'll have to die. Any last words?"

"You suck," Tyson said.

"Yeah, he's right. Also, I've found flaws in your plan right now," Grover said.

"Flaws! What flaws?" the manticore screamed.

"This one!" The manticore turned to the rafters above them and found Clint standing there, ready to pounce, bow drawn.

"You fool! You realize what will happen to your family?"

"Yeah, by the end of the day they'll be somewhere you won't ever find," Clint replied. "Now, you are gonna pay for what you did to my wife. Don't you ever touch my family again!"

Grover took this as a sign to act and grabbed his reed pipes. He began to play them and use the magic of nature to defeat the manticore, but the manticore was too fast. He threw Grover at the wall. The impact made Grover lose his grasp on his pipes, and the manticore kicked them away as he charged toward Grover.

Suddenly, Tyson came between them and stood his ground. "Move aside, cyclops! You'll be next!"

"May I remind you that he stood his own against Hephaestus's automatons and has fought valiantly against both Kronos and Gaea?" Grover squeaked.

"But he won't live to tell the wrath of Gaea!" the manticore shouts.

"You aren't even Gaea, whoever she is," Clint says as he fires an arrow at the manticore.

"Stupid mortals, your arrows cannot kill me, I am impervious to your human techno-"

"From experience, I can tell you that everyone gets hurt by tasers!" Clint shouts as he jumps down to the ground.

"Tis only a minor setback!" The manticore grabs the arrow and rips it out, throwing it to the side. The manticore tried to push through Tyson to get to Grover, but Tyson wouldn't allow it, and apparently cyclopes had more strength than manticore. The manticore went flying backwards, and flew right next to Clint before he caught himself. Now that Grover was slightly less likely to die in five seconds, Grover ran to retrieve his pipes while Clint kept the manticore busy.

Clint's POV

The manticore grabbed Clint and shoved him into the wall. "Listen here, mortal! You messed with powers you can't understand, and now you'll face the consequences! When I kill the satyr and cyclops, I will take you across the ends of the Earth until you either tell me or I find your family! Then, I will force you to watch as they suffer and die in the most painful way possible! Then, I will leave you in Tartarus to mourn for your wife and children!"