CHAPTER VII: TALKS OF HERBS AND WHITE MEN

A/N
I'm back! I had an amazing camping trip and am back! Again I am sorry for all of the delays. At least this chapter will be juicy. I've loved writing the other 6 chapters, but this is when things start spicing up and it gets interesting. I hope you'll like it!
Michelle

Nakia's POV

Nakia was surprised to see T'Challa. "Is it 4:00 already?" Nakia asked.

"No, something has come up. W'Kabi has found a heart shaped herb," T'Challa said.

Nakia whirled around. "W'Kabi found what?"

"I know, it's crazy."

"I watched Killmonger burn them all. The last one I used to revive you."

" W'Kabi found one in the forest. It's been quite a day of finding things in the forest. " T'Challa explained to Nakia about the demigods that had showed up in a flying Greek boat out of the blue.

"Shuri knows a lot about them. More than they know about themselves, in fact." T'Challa said. Together, Nakia and T'Challa headed to W'Kabi's location.

•••

Nakia looked in amazement. I'm front of her eyes lay what could be the last heart shaped herb in Wakanda, in the world! The key to the Black Panthers was in front of her.

"Did you find anymore?" Okoye asked.

"Just this one, my love," W'Kabi answered. W'Kabi handed the herb to Shuri.

"It certainly is a heart shaped herb. But it wouldn't make another Black Panther," Shuri said.

"Why?" Nakia asked.

"Long story short, only the female herbs produce the solution needed to become the Black Panther. This is a male herb," Shuri explained.

"The plant it grew on had died an hour before I found it, I'm guessing," W'Kabi said. "That was the only herb on it. We aren't getting any females from it."

"Shoot," T'Challa said.

"We might be able to find some other plants with female herbs," Shuri said.

"Can you detect them up at your lab?" Okoye asked.

"No. We need to manually search for them," Shuri replied.

"That could take years," Nakia said.

" Yes, but I have an idea, and hopefully it won't take that long, " Shuri said. "Hopefully Hazel is willing to help us."

"Who's Hazel?" W'Kabi asked.

•••

Hazel's POV

"Who the frick is Bucky Barnes?" Nico asked as Hazel flinched. Hazel flinched at every gosh darn. Downside of living in the '40's, words like that are a little...harsh. Nico apparently had learned to deal with it.

"Wait, isn't Bucky Captain America's friend from the 1940's?" Piper said. "Is he the Winter Soldier?"

"Winter Soldier? " Hazel asked Frank.

"Don't look at me! I don't watch Captain America! I'm Canadian!" Frank said.

"That's not an excuse Frank!" Leo said.

"Then tell those of us who have not seen all 10 Marvel movies who is Bucky Barnes or the Winter Soldier or whatever, why he is here, and why we can't tell anyone he is here!" Nico said with agitation in his voice.

"OK, Nico, there are more than 10 movies. There are actually 19. Alright, MCU crash course! Back before World War II, Bucky was Steve Rogers' best friend. Bucky was drafted in the war, and Steve eventually became Captain America. Long story short, Bucky fell off a train into a canyon in the middle of Europe. We all thought he was dead, but he wasn't. He survived and was found by HYDRA, a break off Nazi group Cap and Bucky had been fighting. That was fun, 'cuz HYDRA brainwashed Bucky, wiped his memories, and froze him in ice until 1991, when they started making him kill people for HYDRA. Fast forward to 2014, HYDRA has infiltrated SHIELD, a special forces agency that assembled the Avengers. They make Bucky / Winter Soldier fight to kill Cap, but Cap is able to break the brain washing seconds before Bucky was about to kill him. Really good movie! Anyways, Bucky went into hiding to try and regain his memories and recover from his PTSD and whatnot. But this guy, Zemo, was a jerk and framed Bucky for bombing a UN meeting house in Vienna, which killed T'Challa's father. T'Challa decided to kill Bucky and the U.N. wanted to kill Bucky, but Cap was all like, 'Uh, heck no! Stay away from my friend!' It split the Avengers apart. Tony Stark / Iron Man found out Bucky killed Tony's parents in the '90's and decided to go murder mode right after he found out Bucky was framed for the bombing, but killed his parents (but that was HYDRA controlling Bucky, not Bucky himself). Cap stops Iron Man from killing Bucky, but they have to go into hiding. Lucky for them, T'Challa realized that, hey, Bucky was framed and Zemo killed his father. So T'Challa takes Bucky and Cap to Wakanda so the Shuri can help Bucky get the remainder of the mind control deal out of his brain," Leo said very fast.

"You said the part about Wakanda in Spanish, Valdez," Hedge said.

"Bucky is here since Shuri is helping him get HYDRA's mind control stuff out of his head. But he still is a wanted man, because the U.N. is absolute crap," Jason said.

"Your explanation could be an entire movie," Nico said.

"It's too bad, what happened to Bucky," Hazel said.

"Wait, why is he a wanted man? He himself didn't do anything!" Piper said.

"Go ask the UN," Leo said bitterly.

"He did kill a lot of people when he was the Winter Soldier. No one is smart enough to realize that he literally could not make the choice to do or not do it. He wasn't in control!" Jason said.

"Someone fly me to New York or somewhere like that so that I can protest this crap," Frank said.

"Dude, you'd be arrested before you could say 'Bucky Barnes is innocent,'" Jason said.

"Welcome to politics! Where everyone is crap!" Leo said.

"Don't focus on it now, cupcakes. Enjoy your childhood," Hedge said while eating Okoye's used Starbucks coffee cup.

"Good idea," Hazel said. "But I feel really bad for Bucky. He is like, oh what did you call it the other day Leo?"

"Uh, either a cinnamon roll of smol bean. Spelled S-M-O-L. It means someone is adorable and innocent, or sometimes it can refer to the adorkable, the dorky adorable," Leo said .

"Yeah, Bucky is a cinnamon roll of smol bean," Hazel said, putting emphasis on smol.

"He just wanted to buy his darn plums," Jason said quietly , which earned him a confused look from Nico.

"HAZEL!" someone shouted from the hall. It was Shuri. "I need your help!"

"What is it?" Hazel asked.

"You can sense where different metals are, right? Can you sense vibranium?"

"Probably. I don't know what vibranium is," Hazel said.

"Anything metal here is probably vibranium," Shuri said.

"Isn't it what Captain America's shield is made of?" Frank said .

"Yeah. I have a plan to find some heart shaped herbs!"

A/N
FYI all of that stuff about the heart shaped herb's gender is completely made up by me. I don't know if that is how it worked in the comics. Yes, plants do have gender. Some are male or female, and some have the sex organs of both sex. Anyway I'm really excited and Everett Ross and M'Baku will both show up REAL SOON. And there'll be more Bucky references, because he is my fav. Thank you for being patient and supporting me!
❤fandomsandmusix