CHAPTER XXXIII: SHAPESHIFTING MAYHEM

Reyna's POV

It was less than an hour since Reyna and Sif spoke with the Collector. The three had stayed in the same room. The only one to leave the room was the slave, Carina, who would come and go, doing as the Collector told her to. Reyna wished there was something she could do to help Carina, but there wasn't anything that could be done. The Collector was a powerful man, and even if by some means Carina was freed, he would only replace her.

Reyna watched Carina as she entered again. Something seemed off. Carina walked towards the Collector and stood behind him. The Collector offhandedly told her to do something else. Carina's eyes weren't on the Collector. She scanned the room as if looking for something in the Collector's depository. Reyna looked to Sif to see if she was seeing it too.

Reyna and Sif stood and approached 'Carina.' "You're the Skrull," Sif states confidently. "Your physical appearance is immaculate, but your acting leaves much to be desired."

The Skrull smiled and the fight broke out. The Skrull punched Reyna, and in the moment it took to recover shapeshifted. When Reyna looked back, she saw two Sifs fighting each other. The Collector had run off somewhere for cover. After a moment, both Sifs turned to Reyna. "She's the Skrull!" they both said in unison.

Reyna looked between the two, trying to recall what had happened in the Thor movies. Then she remembered something Jason said about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Have you ever lost your memory?"

"Once. A Kree stole my memories for a time while I was on Earth," the Sif on the right said while the one on the left hesitated.

Reyna drew her spear and prepared to battle the Skrull. She turned into her true form. And the fight broke out.

The Skrull was strong, but not as strong as an Asgardian. Soon enough, Sif had pinned the Skrull down and Reyna had her spear pointed at her throat. The Collector walked over, applauding.

"Bravo. Would you mind getting this thief out of my treasury?"

Sif hit the Skrull's head against the wall and carried her on her back. "The Aether is now safe. We shall return to Asgard."

"Thank you, Ladies Sif and Reyna."

Sif and Reyna walked out of the treasury where the Collector stayed. "The Skrull shall be held in Asgard's dungeons. She won't be able to steal the Aether while imprisoned."

Soon enough, the duo ran into Carina, who was starting to stir. Reyna looked over her shoulder to make sure the Collector wasn't there. Upon seeing his absence, she knelt down next to Carina. "Hey, you alright?" she asked as she helped Carina stand.

"Yes, I'm fine," Carina answered as she held her head in her hand. She looked at the unconscious body Sif held. "I take it you stopped her."

"She'll be sitting in an Asgardian cell for a while." Reyna paused. "Would you like to come?"

Carina looked at Reyna like she was crazy. "I can't, my master would never permit it."

"He doesn't know you're alive, actually."

"Asgard is firm in its belief that slavery is wrong. You can take refuge there," Sif added.

"Really?"

"Absolutely."

"Then we should leave before I'm missed," Carina said, glancing down the hallways. The three ran the last bit before they exited the building. Sif took the lead and led us to an area with no people, where the bifrost would be hidden.

"Heimdall, it's time."

Within a second, a flashing light surrounded the three of them. It was unlike the portal of sorts that brought Reyna into the comic adaptation world. This wasn't a raging storm, but rather a calm, collectly spectrum of light. And a second later, Reyna's feet are once again on the ground.

A/N

I hate to say this, but I'm going to discontinue this work. I'll finish the last chapter of this part so that there is some sense of completion. At least I won't be ending on a cliffhanger. I have a lot more stuff outlined, and I was going to explain the how and why of the portals. But I have no motivation to write this. I dread having to write this book. It used to be exciting, but it just isn't anymore. Who knows? I may pick this back up again sometime, but not any time soon. If you're reading, I assume you like Marvel. I will include links at the bottom for my Marvel fics if you would still like to read my works. I unfortunately do not have any other Riordan related works. 

I'm sorry, I know a lot of people really liked this fic, but something finally snapped inside of me while writing this chapter. I'm not being paid to do this, there's nothing obligating me to write this. So why have I been writing for so long when I didn't want to? I will finish this part since there's only one more chapter and so that there is some closure. 

Thanks for supporting me along this journey!

<3 Michelle

Let Me Help - https://www.wattpad.com/story/189992114-let-me-help-bucky-barnes-romance

Necromancy - https://www.wattpad.com/story/189977754-necromancy-doctor-stephen-strange-romance

Stargazing - https://www.wattpad.com/story/189976643-stargazing-peter-quill-romance

Angelic - https://www.wattpad.com/story/189958595-angelic-loki-odinson-romance

Lynx - https://www.wattpad.com/story/162380384-lynx-steve-rogers-romance

Psych - https://www.wattpad.com/story/182133454-psyche-steve-rogers-thor-odinson-and-peter-quill-x

Assemble - https://www.wattpad.com/story/172764029-assemble-heroes-book-i-mcu-arrowverse-crossover-au

Captive - https://www.wattpad.com/story/174923273-captive-loki-x-fem-reader