Chapter 11 ~ Everything Happens for a Reason

Start from the beginning

I turned and walked down the sidewalk, lifting my hand to my cheek, touching the spot she kissed. I blushed again and kept walking.

Nothing could ruin my good mood today.

Or so I thought.

I felt my phone go off when I was about half way home. I dug my hand I to my pocket, grabbing onto my phone and pulling it out. I looked at the message, my eyes widening as I read further.

It was from Amy:

'Sonic is hurt! Come to the hospital immediately!'

I didn't walk any further, I just spun on my heel and ran for the hospital.

As I ran into the city, I spotted a taxi. I waved it over and hopped in the back seat.

"Station Square hospital." I stated. The driver nodded and sped down the street. I tapped my foot and looked out the window for something to do.

Man, I wonder what happened to Sonic this time. The last time I got a message like this, it wasn't pretty.

Hah, the crazy stuff he has done.

He also has been acting weird lately. Especially during lunch. I wonder what is going on in his head, what he is thinking when he does those crazy things.

Minutes later, the taxi pulled to the side and stopped in front of the huge building, the hospital.

I payed the driver the exact change and ran out of the car. I sped to the doors of the hospital and pulled the doors open, letting myself in. I immediately speed-walked to the lady at the counter, "Sonic the Hedgehog?"

She typed a few things in her computer before she responded, "Room 288"

I nodded quickly before going to the elevator and pressing the correct floor. I waited impatiently, thankful that I was the only one in the elevator, before the doors opened and I walked briskly down the hall untill room 288 was in front of me.

I took a deep breath before opening the door to see my best friend lying there motionless on the bed. I almost broke down crying seeing him in that state.

I saw all my friends there, Cream, Rouge, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and Blaze.

Wait, where is Amy?

(Amy's POV)

I clenched my fists and sat down in the waiting area. I didn't have the guts to see him. I couldn't see him weak and fragile. I just...couldn't.

Aleena squeezed my hand slightly, trying to make me feel better. I smiled and looked up at her. Her eyes were glistening with fresh tears. I gave her a long hug, crying into her shoulder. She did the same.

We stayed like that for a while, letting out all our emotions. Sadness, worry, and the worst depression. I pulled back and wiped her tears. She smiled at me.

"I know he will be okay..." she stated, "He is a strong man, he will make it through."

"I hope you are right."

"Amy? Aleena?" I heard a familiar voice come from in front of me. I recognized it as Tails. I didn't bother to look up.

"Yes Tails?" I asked, keeping my focus on the ground.

"Why aren't you in the room? And also most importantly, what happened?" he asked, tears now spilling out of his eyes.

I finally looked up at him. I saw the rest of my friends next to him. I sighed as I explained what happened:

~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~

After he kissed me and ran off, I stood there, shocked and excited at the same time. I mean, don't blame me. If the love of your life kissed you, you would be as excited as I am.

I immediately ran down stairs an I to the living room, where Aleena was reading the newspaper.

"Aleena! Sonic has run off, we have to go after him before he does anything stupid." I quickly explained.

She gasped, "I'll take the car out so we can search for him."

She ran out to the garage and I followed. She got in the drivers seat while I occupied the passenger seat. She dug in her purse for the keys and started the car. Then, we headed off in search for Sonic.

We drove around for about 10 minutes of driving when I saw a dash of blue suddenly stop in the middle of the road. We saw a huge truck coming at the figure at top speed.

I suddenly noticed the figure as Sonic. Aleena and I gasped as he wouldn't move out of the way. Aleena pulled over and we immediately got out of the car just in time to see the impact, then Sonic fly about 5 feet forward, hitting the ground multiple times.

"SONIC!!!!" I screamed after him. Tell me this is just a nightmare. Please make this end. This can't be happening.

"I am going to call an ambulance.." Aleena stated, her voice cracking. I could tell she was crying.

I ran over and knelt besides him, cradling his limp body. I was now crying hysterically, letting my pink hair fall in front of my face. I sneaked another look at him and saw the state he was in, he had some spots that were already starting to turn purple-blue and fresh blood was pouring out of some cuts.

I cried into his shoulder, praying that he would be okay. Man, do I really need this?!

~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~

Rouge patted my shoulder, smiling at me, "I am sorry you had to witness that."

I smiled back softly.

We were interrupted by a man dressed in white, probably a doctor, "Sorry to interrupt, are you all here for Sonic the hedgehog?"

We all nodded.

The doctor smiled, "Good new is, he will be okay."

I sighed in relief. He is alright, nothing to worry about...

"But.." oh god, there is always a but. "He is in a coma, probably for a week."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A coma?! NOOOOOO! Sonic?! Why da hell would you put yourself in a coma?! And also most importantly, WHY DA HELL WOULD YOU OUT YOURSELF IN DANGER?!

Heh just kidding. If you guys hate me now for doing this, you are going to hate me for the next like 3 chapters.