Chapter 16 ~ The Hardest Part of Living Is Taking Breaths to Stay

(Tails' POV)

It's been 2 days since Sonic's 'tragedy' was announced and I still can't take it the same way. I haven't eaten in days.

I ran a shaking hand through my hair and sighed. My best friend...lost his memory. He doesn't even remember who I am. It hurts.

"Honey," my moms soft voice called from the other side of my door, "Are you okay?"

I let a tear fall down my cheek before wiping it away. I looked at my hands that's were folded in my lap, "Yeah, I am fine, just a little tired..."

I heard her sigh from the other side, "Just don't do anything stupid, you know I love you. I want you to come down and eat sometime. I don't want you skipping meals forever." she choked on her words, meaning that she was fighting back tears, "Come down...please."

I sucked in a shaky breath as I got up from my bed, ignoring the aching pain in my stomach. I guess that's what I get for not eating in ages. I slowly and painfully walked to the door, grimacing with every step.

As I approached the door, I opened it a bit, clutching my stomach. I smiled at my mother who gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Are you okay?" she asked, hesitantly. I nodded.

"I just need food." I replied. Of course, what was a thinking?! Why did I not eat? I know that it is necessary to live. I can't set this example for Sonic. He might give up on trying and starve himself. I don't want that to happen...

I could tell that my mom was breaking from the gleam in her eyes that told me she was about to cry. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me just looking at her. I worried her so much.

Jeez, for the smartest person in the school, I am pretty dumb for not seeing the situation in front of me. I opened my arms wide and crushed my mom in a loving embrace.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered in her ear, petting the fur on the back of her head.

She hugged back tightly, crying softly. When I pulled back, I wiped a tear from her eye and smiled.

"I am going to go make you lunch..." she briefly stated before rushing down the stairs. I smiled and followed suit.

I walked over to the table and waited for my mom to finish making my food.

I looked down at my hands folded in my lap. If I was taking it this hard, I wonder how Amy was feeling!

He hasn't said anything about even remembering the slightest bit, I am starting to think that he will never remember at all.

I cringe at the thought of it. He has to remember, he just HAS to.

I was interrupted when my mom put a plate of food in front of me.

I smiled up at her, "Thanks mom..."

"No problem sweetheart." she replied, kissing my forehead. I knew I could count on my mom for being there for me, and right now, she is my only fallback. Cream and her mom have left for vacation and Amy hasn't been the brightest. And let's not get to knuckles, let's just say, he is not the best person to seek comfort.

I chuckled at the thought. I scooped up some spaghetti on my fork and began to eat, instantly feeling better.

(Amy's POV)

He doesn't even remember anything from this past week and a half. He doesn't even remember our kiss, or anything we did together. How does that feel? It feels horrible. Imagine the love of your life telling you he doesn't remember anything about you. Yeah, it hurts...

I am back at phase one.

Just like I was at the beginning of our friendship. I have to build myself up again. By myself.

Lesson number one: never fall in love, there is just too much to lose....

I ran a shaking hand through my soft pink quills and sighed. It's no use. I just want to go up to him and let out all my feelings, beg him to remember. But, I can't scare him like that...

"I need to get out some place, refresh my day." I mumbled to myself.

I got up from my spot that I was sitting on my bed and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out a white and blue striped shirt with red skinny jeans.

I made sure to close the door behind me as I walked outside.

Now, what to do...

I pondered for a moment before deciding just to take a regular walk. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jeans as I kept my gaze on the ground.

So much drama these days. Girlfriends, Crushes, Amnesia....just too much for me. I can't take it. Normally people would take it out on themselves....by self harm.

Wait, should I do that?

NO! I can't! I am not putting myself in danger by cutting, I would make the biggest mistake of my life! Its like taping a sign to your back saying, "You are free to hurt me"

Not to mention the scars are hard to get rid of.

I can't let myself do that.

But, a lot of people do say it helps you....that it pushes away the pain and replaces it with relief. But I couldn't stand having the pain resurface when I look at him. It would cause double the pain, and also... I don't want him to get he wrong idea about me.

I shook my head in disbelief, I would never do that. I clenched my eyes tight, trying to hold back the tears.

Next thing I knew, I heard a loud boom and I was getting blown three feet back.

I rubbed my head softly. What just happened?!

I looked up to see Sonic staring back at me. He had a smirk on his face and I swear I could just punch him right now if it weren't for the aching pain in my stomach.

"What the hell was that for?!" I screamed at him. He just smirked down at me before extending his hand forward for me to grab.

I hesitantly grabbed it and let him pull me up from the ground.

"Sorry, I saw you walking and I couldn't help but say hi!" He laughed and scratched the back of his head, "I still haven't got the hang of stopping at full speed yet...Heh..."

I clenched my fists and glared at him. I gritted my teeth, "You will pay for that..."

"You look so cute when you're angry..." He mumbled before widening his eyes. He quickly covered his mouth as his face flushed a deep red.

What?

~~~~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~~~

After listening to Lights by Klaypex for over an hour, I finally got enough inspiration, so I finished this chapter! :D (Don't Judge me...XD)

Sorry for the short chapter....It is my birthday and I needed to spend time with my family....so yeah. That wasn't a really good way to end the chapter....most of this chapter was just to fill it.

Haha, hoped you liked it, sorry I didn't get the time to edit this chapter so forgive me if there are spelling errors and stuff.

This is Sonamyjewelkatefan signing off saying, "have a frabjous day!:"

Sonic and Co. (c) Sega and Sonic Team

Story plot and Drake the Fox (c) meh