41-Sokovia Accords

Start from the beginning

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have."

"So let's say we agree to this, how long is it going to be until they lojack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

"One hundred seventeen countries want to sign this. A hundred and seventeen, Sam and you're just like nah it's cool."

"How long are you going to play both sides?"

"I have an equation." Vision interjects their argument as I sit down next to Steve on a nearby couch. I kick off my heels and shut my eyes.

"Oh, this'll clear it up." Sam says as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. All of our attention goes to Vision.

"In the eight years Mr Stark has announced he was Iron Man and Agent Stark announced that she was the Flame, the number of known enhanced individuals has grown exponentially. And during the same period the number of potentially world events as risen." Vision tells us and I sigh.

"So you're saying it's our fault?" Steve asks, looking up from the Accords.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invited challenge, challenge insights conflict, conflict brings catastrophe. Oversight, oversight isn't an idea that can be dismissed." Vision explains himself.

"Tony, you're being uncharacteristically silent." Natasha says, looking at my brother.

"It's because he's idiotically already made up his mind, right dear brother?" I ask in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"You know me so well, sis." Tony says as he gets up, "Actually I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on sis, just pain and discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He asks before setting his phone down, the picture of the lady's child appearing in a holograph, "Oh that's Charles Spencer by the way. Great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, floor level gig at an Intel plan in the fall. First,he wanted to put miles on his soul before he parked it behind the desk. See the world, may be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would've done. He didn't want to go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor in guess where?-Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference, I suppose, but we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass. There's no decision making process here. We need to be put in check. Whatever form that takes, I'm game." Tony tells us, leaning against the counter. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Oh I'm sorry, didn't you tell the government that you and Iron Man were one in the same and that they'll never own you? Or did I hear wrong, Anthony?" I snap at him and he glares at me.

"You don't get it, Peyton. If we don't accept limitations, we are boundary-less we are no better than the bad guys." He snaps right back at me.

"Tony, if someone dies on your watch you don't just give up." Steve says, pulling our attention to him. I look at my boyfriend, trying to calm down.

"Who said I'm giving up?"

"We need to take responsibility for our actions, but this document just shifts the blame." Steve responds, to which Rhodey intercuts.

"Sorry Steve, that's dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not SHIELD, is not Hydra-"

"No, but it's run by people with agendas and agendas change-"

"That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stopped manufacturing-"